Any way to dynamically or automatically create ISO name?

bobbintb

I'm pretty sure there isn't a way to do this but is there a setting when saving the ISO to name the file according to a set of rules or criteria? For example, the Windows version, build number, architecture, etc.

Dont know, but if the image is loaded from an iso directly i would like the new volume label to be same as the source iso, if possible of course.

Currently, there is no method for auto-naming ISO files using the UI.

You can edit the <AutoIsoFile> parameter in the preset XML, or specify an ISO file using the command line:
Code:
NTLite.exe /LoadImage:"D:\WinISO" /ImageIndex:3 /LoadPreset:"Main Preset" /CreateIso:"D:\WinISO.iso" /IsoLabel:"Test ISO"

I wrote a script, which will automatically rename any preset's ISO filename and label, based on the existing ImageInfo.

The script will first request UAC rights, if you're not running as Administrator. That's necessary because NTLite writes preset files under Administrator for security reasons. You're presented with a list of presets (same files listed in NTLite's Preset tab).

Select one or more of the presets, and the script reads each preset's Version string:
Code:
<Version mode="offline">Windows 11 Professional 23H2 x64 - 10.0.22631.2861 (en-US)</Version>
And writes:
Code:
<AutoIsoFile>\path\to\your\folder\W11_Pro_23H2_x64_22631.2861.iso</AutoIsoFile>
<AutoIsoLabel>Windows 11 Pro 23H2 x64 (22631.2861)</AutoIsoLabel>

Your preset must have an existing path for the ISO file. All the script does is rename the filename inside the preset. After running the script, reload the updated preset before running Apply. The final build number won't be accurate if you're adding newer Updates, it might stay the same as the originally loaded image.

Attachments

• Rename_NTLiteISO.zip
    1.2 KB
Back