Any way to remove Start Menu shortcut remainders?

I have 3 remaining Start Menu shortcuts from the AppX's removed by NTLite that I've been trying to get rid of without success:
- Connect
- Microsoft Edge
- Windows Security

Windows build is 1903-18362.207-Pro-x64

In previous versions of Windows 10, there was "TileDataLayer" directory in AppData\Local, from which an .EDB file could be deleted to reset the Start Menu shortcuts, but that directory and the file are absent from version 1903...

In previous versions of Windows 10, there was "TileDataLayer" directory in AppData\Local, from which an .EDB file could be deleted to reset the Start Menu shortcuts, but that directory and the file are absent from version 1903...

That's what I thought. I no longer have that TileDataLayer folder.

Last edited:
I have 3 remaining Start Menu shortcuts from the AppX's removed by NTLite that I've been trying to get rid of without success:
- Connect
- Microsoft Edge
- Windows Security

Windows build is 1903-18362.207-Pro-x64
Which NTLite did you use?
Certain type of leftovers were fixed in build 7025, there are no known shortcut leftovers in this version.
Windows 10 User's report is something different, about stubborn cumulative update returns, has its own topic.

Which NTLite did you use?
Certain type of leftovers were fixed in build 7025, there are no known shortcut leftovers in this version.
Windows 10 User's report is something different, about stubborn cumulative update returns, has its own topic.

No, the current issue is that after using NTLite's Remove Reinstalls feature (to remove Windows Security which returns after installing the penultimate CU, which for some reason shows up on WU instead of only the latest one which shows up after installing the previous CU) before installing the latest CU via WU I can't install it. I suppose if I use this feature after installing both CUs via WU I won't be able to install a new one when it's released.

Last edited:
No, the current issue is that after using NTLite's Remove Reinstalls feature (to remove Windows Security which returns after installing the penultimate CU, which for some reason shows up on WU instead of only the latest one which shows up after installing the previous CU) before installing the latest CU via WU I can't install it. I suppose if I use this feature after installing both CUs via WU I won't be able to install a new one when it's released.
As usual your reports just confuse me.
You use Remove Returns before installing a new CU, does it list any removed files on the Apply page?
Have you tested the exact same scenario/image without that step and update installation worked?

Regardless, there is a newer build with more CU compatibility upgrades.

As usual your reports just confuse me.
You use Remove Returns before installing a new CU, does it list any removed files on the Apply page?
Have you tested the exact same scenario/image without that step and update installation worked?

Regardless, there is a newer build with more CU compatibility upgrades.

I didn't notice but Windows Security is removed whether I use Remove Reinstalls before or after installing the second CU. I only use it after installing a CU, not before.

Back