Apps suddenly run no more (MSMG ToolKit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows 10 User

My apps (or some of them) suddenly run no more at a random time. Is it because I removed with MSMG ToolKit the Microsoft Quick Assist app, Internet Explorer, OneDrive, Skype Telemetry and Windows Mixed Reality and afterwards with NTLite the Microsoft.AccountsControl, Microsoft.Advertising.Xaml, Microsoft.BingWeather, Microsoft.BioEnrollment, Microsoft.CredDialogHost, Microsoft.DesktopAppInstaller, Microsoft.ECApp, Microsoft.GetHelp, Microsoft.Getstarted, Microsoft.LockApp, Microsoft.Messaging, Microsoft.Microsoft3DViewer, Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub, Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection, Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes, Microsoft.MSPaint, Microsoft.Office.OneNote, Microsoft.OneConnect, Microsoft.People, Microsoft.PPIProjection, Microsoft.Print3D, Microsoft.Services.Store.Engagement, Microsoft.SkypeApp, Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp, Microsoft.Wallet, Microsoft.Windows.Apprep.ChxApp, Microsoft.Windows.AssignedAccessLockApp, Microsoft.Windows.OOBENetworkCaptivePortal, Microsoft.Windows.OOBENetworkConnectionFlow, Microsoft.Windows.ParentalControls, Microsoft.Windows.PeopleExperienceHost, Microsoft.Windows.PinningConfirmationDialog, Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI, Microsoft.Windows.SecondaryTileExperience, Microsoft.Windows.SecureAssessmentBrowser, Microsoft.WindowsAlarms, Microsoft.WindowsCamera, 'Windows Mail', Microsoft.WindowsFeedbackHub, Microsoft.WindowsMaps, Microsoft.WindowsSoundRecorder, Microsoft.Xbox.TCU, Microsoft.XboxApp, Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI, Microsoft.XboxGameOverlay, Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider, Microsoft.XboxSpeechToTextOverlay, Microsoft.ZuneMusic and Microsoft.ZuneVideo apps? Which apps I should've kept? I only wanted to have the Calculator, Photos and Store apps.

Last edited:
List of the tools (msmg, winreducer, etc.) used to edit the wim image?

I just used MSMG ToolKit (to remove some things that the free version of NTLite can't as well as Internet Explorer since after removing it with NTLite for some reason the MMC Extended View is broken and I wanted to remove Biometrics and Location with one of the two but I can't and also after removing Telemetry with MSMG ToolKit it still shows up in NTLite) and afterwards NTLite. Do you want my preset?

Last edited:
If you use one or the other, have the same result with one of them?
Or, have you used first 'the second tool' first instead of the first one used and got the same error?

If you use one or the other, have the same result with one of them?
Or, have you used first 'the second tool' first instead of the first one used and got the same error?

Didn't try. Maybe it's caused by removing some of the mentioned apps with NTLite. Tell me which ones I must keep. I don't want to have things being downloaded without my permission as well as some extra dialogs/windows, apps showing up in any apps list (except the Calculator, Photos and Store apps) and information sent without my permission to Microsoft's servers.

I always used MSMG ToolKit first and NTLite afterwards and didn't try using just one of them to make sure if I have this problem or not because it's random so it's difficult to know if I'm free from it or not (it may show up days, weeks or months again after I install Windows 10 and not in the first hours after the install).

Last edited:
MSMG isnt perfect, if i remove stuff with it stuff shows when i load it into ntlite. Even its dev recognises its not perfect. Its possibly down to dism limitations. I think ntlite along with package removals is a good combination. If ntlite combined package removals and its own engine then you could remove packages the official way, ntlite then cleans up remaning stuff left by dism then you apply ntlites native removals engine to tweak as you see fit. I have tried package removals on live installs and images and theres so much shite leftover, i think sod it and do the whole lot in ntlite, its a damn site frigging quicker.

Use first NTLite and afterwards, MSMG Toolkit.

Check for stable releases of MSMG Toolkit and try removing.

I can't tell what you can remove because these days i'm working in 7 but, there are some leftovers that can't be removed or Windows wouldn't work.

MSMG isnt perfect, if i remove stuff with it stuff shows when i load it into ntlite. Even its dev recognises its not perfect. Its possibly down to dism limitations. I think ntlite along with package removals is a good combination. If ntlite combined package removals and its own engine then you could remove packages the official way, ntlite then cleans up remaning stuff left by dism then you apply ntlites native removals engine to tweak as you see fit. I have tried package removals on live installs and images and theres so much shite leftover, i think sod it and do the whole lot in ntlite, its a damn site frigging quicker.

Well, a new version is out and this problem still happens... How can I remove packages? Through PowerShell?

Use first NTLite and afterwards, MSMG Toolkit.

Check for stable releases of MSMG Toolkit and try removing.

I can't tell what you can remove because these days i'm working in 7 but, there are some leftovers that can't be removed or Windows wouldn't work.

But if I use NTLite first l won't be able to load the .ESD in MSMG ToolKit because I always convert the .WIM to .ESD with NTLite and MSMG ToolKit can't load the latter. I'm using the recently released 8.0 version of MSMG ToolKit. What do you mean with "Windows wouldn't work"? In spite of this problem, Windows is running well, I guess.

People do removals using powershell but no one shows you how to or gives scripts(presets) to do it. At least me posting some presets gives people a starting point and they can learn from. :)

http://cdn2-www.craveonline.com/ass...-murtaugh-im-gettin-too-old-for-this-sh*t.jpg

Well, sorry for not being a Pro.

People do removals using powershell but no one shows you how to or gives scripts(presets) to do it. At least me posting some presets gives people a starting point and they can learn from. :)

Ok, but how can this help fixing my problem, anyway? And if no one shows how to or gives presets how can you know some presets?

Last edited:
It dont, but msmg isnt the be all and end all.

So why did you mention it?

Pro? Im home user plus. :)

Ok, sorry for being a noob.

Anyway, how can I fix the missing taskbar icons in a system where I didn't remove a thing with MSMG ToolKit or NTLite (but with CCleaner), as well as the incognito problem in Firefox? In this PC I also have another strange problem that I had in this PC which is that after writing "services" in the Start Menu and clicking on it nothing happened but if I typed "services.msc" and clicked on enter it ran it.

Last edited:
Well, a new version is out and this problem still happens... How can I remove packages? Through PowerShell?

But if I use NTLite first l won't be able to load the .ESD in MSMG ToolKit because I always convert the .WIM to .ESD with NTLite and MSMG ToolKit can't load the latter. I'm using the recently released 8.0 version of MSMG ToolKit. What do you mean with "Windows wouldn't work"? In spite of this problem, Windows is running well, I guess.

I have never used powershell.
If you use NTLite, save it as wim and after you have finished with msmg toolkit, go to NTLite, right click on the wim image without loading it and export the wim image to esd.

There is some leftovers needed by windows and those are not listed for removals anywhere, if you keep windows update, there is telemetry but there is some more in store, defender and other apps. Ms is making it harder.

Ms is looking to do something like google:
Google added an extra "shytty" google services app (seen in some one's phone) and even if you don't have, google added an "unwanted apps by google" scanner in the "play store" app (i know because i don have the extra app and google services is not updated) that ask to remove some apps that do tricks.

Pro? Im home user plus. :)
He mean "unlicensed".

I have never used powershell.
If you use NTLite, save it as wim and after you have finished with msmg toolkit, go to NTLite, right click on the wim image without loading it and export the wim image to esd.

There is some leftovers needed by windows and those are not listed for removals anywhere, if you keep windows update, there is telemetry but there is some more in store, defender and other apps. Ms is making it harder.

Ms is looking to do something like google:
Google added an extra "shytty" google services app (seen in some one's phone) and even if you don't have, google added an "unwanted apps by google" scanner in the "play store" app (i know because i don have the extra app and google services is not updated) that ask to remove some apps that do tricks.

He mean "unlicensed".

l'll try that if the problem still shows up after doing a clean install.

Well, I supposedly removed Telemetry with MSMG ToolKit and the Store Purchase App, Microsoft Services Store Engagement and Windows Defender, as well as some other things, with NTLite so it might be caused by this. But shouldn't the most recent NTLite's versions be prepared for RS3?

Ok. Anyway, do you think I should save the updates which WHDownloader didn't detect so that I won't have to search for them in the future (and to know which ones are missing I think I'd have to do a clean install first)?

Can you help me fix the other problems?

Last edited:
Ok. Anyway, do you think I should save the updates which WHDownloader didn't detect so that I won't have to search for them in the future and to know which ones are missing I think I'd have to do a clean install first.

Can you help me solve the other problems?

I would save the updates requested by Windows Updates so, that would be WHDownloader updates and those requested by WU not detected by WHDownloader.

I'm not sure if i can help you, i'm working on Win 7 and what i could do, is just guessing tryin to help you.

I would save the updates requested by Windows Updates so, that would be WHDownloader updates and those requested by WU not detected by WHDownloader.

I'm not sure if i can help you, i'm working on Win 7 and what i could do, is just guessing tryin to help you.

I think I shouldn't keep the first ones since they are downloaded by WHDownloader and they don't take a lot of time to be downloaded nor take a lot of disk space.

Thanks, anyway. I'm using a tool called Tweaking.com - Windows Repair to see if it can fix something and also doing a malware search with Malwarebytes since it for some reason can detect more things than Kaspersky which I also have installed (I hope they won't conflict with each other because I have the paid version of both if that means something and to not have problems I disabled Malwarebytes from starting with the system so I think they might only have conflict when I start Malwarebytes since Kaspersky is almost always running).

EDIT: The tool didn't fix the problems in both PCs.

Last edited:
Thanks, anyway. I'm using a tool called Tweaking.com - Windows Repair to see if it can solve something and also doing a malware search with Malwarebytes since if for some reason can detect more things than Kaspersky which I also have installed (I hope they won't conflict with each other because I have the paid version of both if that means something and not to risk I disabled Malwarebytes from starting with the system so I think they might only have conflict when I start Malwarebytes since Kaspersky is almost always running).

I don't use antimalware stuff since 4/5 years, in november i tested Kaspersky Antivirus free one year license but removed in less than a week and as i'm aware, Malwarebytes and Kaspersky don't do the same.

I don't use antimalware stuff since 4/5 years, in november i tested Kaspersky Antivirus free one year license but removed in less than a week and as i'm aware, Malwarebytes and Kaspersky don't do the same.

What do you mean?

Another thing, I disabled the notifications in NTLite but the option is still checked and if I uncheck it and close the Settings app and orun it afterwards it's checked already. Regardless of that, even with the option checked I don't have notifications.

I also disabled Security Center, User Experiences and Telemetry, Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator, Program Compatibility Assistant, Windows Biometric, Geolocation, Radio Managemen, Windows Push Notification, Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel, Windows Push Notifications User Service_5210d3, Windows Insider, Windows Error Reporting and Xbox Accessory Management services so what problems might I have?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back