ARM64 support

Dutch2005

When can we expect ARM64 support? especially with always-on ARM64 devices (5G), its a missing feature currently

Isnt it basically the same detection between x86 and x64? ?? (e.g. "simply" add a detection for ARM64)

Hi,

it's mainly the lack of test machines and personal experience to have confidence in the change.
Of course it could be added by adjusting all the architecture switches, but I need to see it working.
Maybe I can emulate them on normal PCs, will investigate and reply back, thanks for bumping this task.

Hi,

it's mainly the lack of test machines and personal experience to have confidence in the change.
Of course it could be added by adjusting all the architecture switches, but I need to see it working.
Maybe I can emulate them on normal PCs, will investigate and reply back, thanks for bumping this task.

You can emulate an ARM CPU with QEMU

As for drivers... you could potentially pick up a "cheap" Lumia 950, and flash it with Windows 10 for ARM64, you can test several things with it

First version with the potential ARM64 support is released, let me know if you try.
Still cannot claim the full support as the emulator is very slow and buggy, I might install Linux to get around that.
Let me know how you test it.

Thanks.

Thanks. Did a quick check now, it integrated most of them, some are detected as already existing, some as wrong architecture.
Let me know if you see any of them not behaving as expected, then I'll have something to focus on.

Back