auto update fails

ahazuarus

Auto update tries to run "C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\NTLiteTempInstaller.exe" /TASKS="PortableMode" /DIR="C:\Program Files\NTLite" /SILENT /AUTORUN /RESTARTAPPLICATIONS

terminates ntlite.exe and suspends itself. I attached the log file it generates. Simply states Waiting other operations to finish and never completes. This causes a couple of different errors to occur when attempting to get Ntlite to update itself.

The workaround is to terminate the suspended process, empty appdata/local/temp and manually install the update interactively. I cannot figure out what "other operations" it is referring to. If I could get a hint, I could script around it to ensure it can complete. nuhi, please advise.

Attachments

• NTLite.log
    1.2 KB
Hi,

thanks for the feedback. Confirmed it once when going from that exact version, then again could not on a multiple retries, no issues then.
It may be fixed in the future as it was a bit more stabilized from the 7618 build, so only when going forward.

To workaround it, just end the ~ "NTLite Setup" process and start the tool normally or click retry if it's still open, it will autoupdate itself.
A useful trick in these situations is to try to delete the file in question and Explorer will report which process is holding it.

Let me know if there are any issues in the future when upgrading from 7618 and newer.

Appreciated.

Still same issue trying to update from NTLite v2.0.0.7618 x64 to NTLite v2.0.0.7640 x64. Kills NTLite, only clue to what is going on is in ntlite.log: Waiting other operations to finish

Still cannot run the install until killing the suspended process. Attempting to restart NTLite and run the update again, it will fail with "access denied" until the suspended process is killed.

We will see if the issue persists on the next update. Still wondering what the "other operations" might be so I could help them along and prevent the error.

Back