autoattend.xml <ImageInstall>

Hi Nuhi,

I would like to suggest if you could remove <ImageInstall> from the generated autoattend.xml.

If we have multi edition, the autoattend just generated based on the edition we load, which I think it should be removed and allow users to select from the list.

If they are only single edition, this <imageinstall> is also not required at all.

Hi @dennisfong86,
yeah, that should be optional, useful for auto-format settings and if people want to have multiple editions for manual install or whatever.
For that reason I recommend people to enable "Dual Architecture" in the Unattended page toolbar to prompt the editions.

Will add an option eventually, thanks for the reminder.

Hi @dennisfong86,
yeah, that should be optional, useful for auto-format settings and if people want to have multiple editions for manual install or whatever.
For that reason I recommend people to enable "Dual Architecture" in the Unattended page toolbar to prompt the editions.

Will add an option eventually, thanks for the reminder.

@nuhi, so if I have the same architecture of 64bit, but just different version of Windows 10, e.g. PRO, HOME etc , I should click dual architecture? Or this is only for building x86 & x64 together? Because currently I loaded pro, but also want to integrate home, but when I install, without prompt it will just install pro without the list.
Dual architecture will remove the <imageinstall> and load my list of os available in image?

Yeah, x86 entries will be safely ignored.
It will prompt using that option, yes.

Back