Best Practices for ISO "update" workflow with NT Lite

Sonicmojo

All

When it comes to building an up to date ISO - I do not think I have ever seen anything better than NT Lite - but I have been wondering on whether I am using it to the best of it's ability when it comes to "recurrent" updates.

When I come around to an update - my current workflow is always to delete the old "modified" OS source files and then extract the contents of the most recent MSDN iso of whatever WIndows 10 flavor I need to update, add the new, clean WIM to NT Lite and then "reapply" a saved configuration file so that I do not have to constantly redo all my settings.

I might do this every 3 months or so - but is this the best way to do this?

Do I always need to delete the "modified" OS source files and replace them fresh each time I want to do an update - or can I simply load up an already modified ISO, enqueue the latest updates and let it do it's thing again?

Also - what do you guys do if you decide to change a few settings that were previously applied during the last ISO session - like say adding back a Microsoft app that had been previously stripped away or changing a driver or something like that.

I have always thought that starting from a clean ISO state was the best formula for success - but what to know if everyone does it this way.

Appreciate any tips from the field.

Cheers!

Sonic

Fresh iso everytime even if i just load and unload without saving changes. Ive been working that way since xp, it works for me and i am not in the mood to change. :)

say if i load an iso (and mount it), is it possible to clone it and use it/NTlite it, leaving the original mounted iso intact for future cloning ?
i can use such a feature

Back