Blue screen after several generation Win10 22H2

arvin

Hi, I am making custom win10 22H2. Everything is ok , But sometimes I end up with blow screen during the installation and I have to replace install.wim file with fresh one and it will work fine! but some of my config and programs disappear from Post-setup and afther-logon ! I have to config all of them !

What is the solution?
Thanks

1.png

Last edited:
This isn't the preset you used to edit the ISO. Look for an Auto-saved*.xml file on the ISO, or in NTLite's Preset list.

Sorry I am new in NTLite , 2 files found in iso image:

Attachments

• Auto-saved c7e15df5.xml
    4.7 KB
  • autounattend.xml
    4.1 KB
Sorry, not this one.

You need to find a preset where you have removals like:
Code:
                <c>1527c705-839a-4832-9118-54d4Bd6a0c89 'File Picker'</c>
                <c>3daudio 'Spatial Sound (3D Audio)'</c>
                <c>aarsvc 'Agent Activation Runtime'</c>
                <c>accessibility_cursors 'Mouse Pointers (Accessibility tools)'</c>

Sorry , I could not find a xml file with removal items! does it have any specific path in ISO file ? or might be deleted for me!?

I have this XMLs:
1.png

This one only adds a reg file. I hope you're learning an important lesson: SAVE YOUR PRESETS.
Before you're ready to Apply, Preset / Save As.

I would start over with a clean ISO, and this time save your presets. Use the date/time in the preset name, so you don't get confused.

Thanks for your advice and also turbo replies! ;)

I have saved xml file on this address: Preset->Save->Extera current image state

Please kindly see on it

Attachments

• final.xml
    200.1 KB
I have checked the nvstor.sys file in recovery environment of unfinished windows installation and it was available! also in c:\windows\... is available!

1.png

X: is the drive letter for WinPE or Recovery Environment, it's not the same as the actual "C:\Windows\System32\drivers" folder.

I don't see anything wrong with this preset. There is something missing in your problem details. What happens when you install a clean ISO in this VM machine? I would start over, since you have so few edits, and see if the problem persists.

I don't see anything wrong with this preset. There is something missing in your problem details. What happens when you install a clean ISO in this VM machine? I would start over, since you have so few edits, and see if the problem persists.
I have tried new and fresh VM machine with my custom NTLite iso image , result same...
I have tried new and RAW windows ISO , result was good and without any problem windows installed!
additional info: The blue screen happens after first restart.

I notice that when I change something on any Futures , Services or "Extra Services" this happens more than add some Post-Setup.
If you can work on my damaged ISO I can upload it for you but it is around 8GB. Thanks for following...

Last edited:
When you extract a preset from an existing image, it's like a "photo negative" because it's providing a Component inventory. What you normally do is load a clean ISO and apply the extract. NTLite will create a new removals list which should convert a clean ISO (by removals) to match your modded image.

But your extract has some items that aren't part of a clean Windows ISO:
Code:
                <c>userguidepdf 'Lenovo user guide (UserGuidePDF)'</c>
                <c>windows.old 'Previous install (Windows.old)'</c>

After applying your preset to 22H2 Pro N, we get:

1715489417864.png

This doesn't make sense, unless you're doing something confusing and not realizing it.

Back