Boot error for Windows 10 Pro with product key

manerger

Hello to all, I'm from spain, but i will try to speak well.

I recently had an error while i was installing windows 10 pro for my laptop. I use NTLite for customize my windows 10 and also I put a product key i have. But then this message has appear:

"Windows cannot parse and process the destined installation response file [F:autoautounattend.xml] in the [windowsPE] loop. The response file is invalid"

I translate to english, but this the original message.

error boot.jpg
Every help is welcome. Thanks.

This XML block is your problem:
Code:
        <settings pass="specialize">
                <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
                        <ProductKey></ProductKey>
                </component>
        </settings>

1. You don't need to specify ProductKey in more than one place.

2. Every <ProductKey></ProductKey> requires a <Key></Key>, even if it's empty.
Code:
                                <ProductKey>
                                        <Key>AAAAA-BBBBB-CCCCC-DDDDD-EEEEE</Key>
                                </ProductKey>

Are you using NTLite to make the Unattended file? Or copying it from an example?

I used NTlite to put the product key, I think the NTLIte iso, it creates it automatically, I didn't copy it anywhere.

So I have to remove that line of code? from settings = pass specialize. Or put <key></key> there where it is missing?

There are two locations in Unattended you can enter a product key:
- WindowsPE pass (very early in install)
- Specialize pass (later in install)

Most users copy the key to WinPE, and leave the Specialize blank (no colored dot).

1714942539898.png

That is, i put it in that two locations, because in the description of WindowsPE product key said that i had to put the key in another location. In this way = [key]

I also tried with only one input of product ke in WindowsPE, but it appears the same message.

Maybe i have to update the versión of Lite?, is not a really old versión, but think It doesnt Matter.

Your key is in the correct format "AAAAA-BBBBB-CCCCC-DDDDD-EEEEE", with different characters and digits?

Can you send me the autounattend.xml file created by NTLite, by private message? Thanks.

There are no brackets ([...]) in a real product key. For example, a generic W11 Pro install key looks like:
W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX

W10/11 install don't require you to provide the activation key during Setup, you can activate the system later if you want.
To skip the Setup prompt asking for a license, enable Skip activation on the Unattended page.

Back