[Bug/Request] Handle nested mounted WIMs when unloading an image directory

intelfx

If processing of an image is interrupted when nested WIMs are mounted (example: install.wim, boot.wim and winre.wim), then clicking "Unload" on the image directory in the Image tab will only unmount winre.wim and boot.wim, skipping install.wim (presumably because it is impossible to unmount a WIM that has open files).

To unload the image directory completely, it is necessary to click Unload again.

It would be nice if NTLite could handle this situation transparently (e. g. by repeatedly attempting to unmount all WIMs in a directory until there are none left or no progress could be made on a particular iteration, at which point an error would be shown to the user).

To clarify, this is what I'm talking about.
Снимок экрана 2023-05-29 025443.png

Thanks!

Not possible if some operations in the mounted image(s) is pending. The mounted image gets hanging.
Best you can do is closing down Windows - restart and open NTL again and unmount.
The abandoned tool DISM++ could do it after closing NTL without restart.

Not possible if some operations in the mounted image(s) is pending. The mounted image gets hanging.
Best you can do is closing down Windows - restart and open NTL again and unmount.
The abandoned tool DISM++ could do it after closing NTL without restart.
That's not the situation I was talking about. In my case, the only condition that's blocking the unmount of the topmost image is the presence of nested mounted images. It is already possible to unmount them all, but I have to click "Unload" twice. Speaking plainly, what I want is to make NTLite "click twice" automatically.

There are nested (still mounted) coz of the pending operations - it's a Windows thing and have nothing to do with NTL.

There are nested (still mounted) coz of the pending operations - it's a Windows thing and have nothing to do with NTL.
I still do not see what is "not possible" about my feature request. The behavior that I need is achievable manually, thus it should be possible programmatically.

Your first answer on this post in 3 months and not from the developer aka NUHI - thanks- but don't see it comming as explained!

3 months? 1 month. Unfortunately sometimes posts get missed, nuhi might already have this on his to do list, now its been bumped hopefully it will be answered soon.

Back