Changing Location of SetupComplete.cmd

crypticus

I'm putting my setupcomplete in to setup folder by selecting explore mount directory..

but when iso is created ntlite moves it to source folder by creating oem folder... and deleting it from my setup folder. while doing it it changes my commands too. and it doesnt work. setupcomplete process is broken when ntlite touches it.

this movement of my file happens if i add updatesto iso. how can i prevent that?

Last edited:
I figured out that this happens only if i add updates to the iso. how can i add updates without ntlite changing or touching my setupcomplete?

The uploaded preset isn't related to the issue, it seems like is from a previously edited image, in this case delete the $OEM$ folder located in source.
After placing setupcomplete.cmd in %WINDIR%\Setup\Scripts\, apply - Process the image/unload but mark the checkbox.

******************************************************************************************

Check the updates in setupcomplete.cmd located in $OEM$, remove the listed update(s) in setupcomplete from Updates page when integrating and the $OEM$ folder shouldn't be created.

The uploaded preset isn't related to the issue, it seems like is from a previously edited image, in this case delete the $OEM$ folder located in source.
After placing setupcomplete.cmd in %WINDIR%\Setup\Scripts\, apply - Process the image/unload but mark the checkbox.

******************************************************************************************

Check the updates in setupcomplete.cmd located in $OEM$, remove the listed update(s) in setupcomplete from Updates page when integrating and the $OEM$ folder shouldn't be created.

no you are wrong, there are no updates in setupcomplete file. the iso is vanilla and i even checked vanilla iso, there are no oem folders or setupcomplete.cmd files in iso at anywhere.

as i told, the problem happens if i add updates to the iso via ntlite, when there is update pack ntlite moves my setupcomplete from setup>scripts folder to source>oem folder. and setupcomplete doesnt start after installation. and even if i move it back via editing wim file. it still doesnt work.
and while ntlite moving it, it changes the codes in my setupcomplete (deletes few lines from middle and end?)

I think no one will believe me untill they get the same problems. this is not a problem. this is a bug. for result i won't integrate any updates, because my setup complete is more important then some 100mb update.

Are you working with the latest NTLite build?

Check the toolbar for oem setupcomplete in unattended page, maybe that will help.

Also you can do only setupcomplete in the last process.

I had a >42 kb setupcomplete file that in last months and NTLite never changed as in earlier version but i moved all the content to oobe.cmd because NTLite read the setupcomplete content and saved to the autosaved preset.

ege914, noted, will check and fix that.
May I know which commands did you add and how was it changed to not work?

Or your Windows are just not using the $OEM$ folder?

In the meantime, rename .\sources\install.wim so it's detected as an isolated image, to something like .\sources\install_rename.wim
Load it, and confirm on the Source page that the Type is "Isolated".
Then it will preserve the image-internal location of the setupcomplete.

Are you working with the latest NTLite build?

Check the toolbar for oem setupcomplete in unattended page, maybe that will help.

Also you can do only setupcomplete in the last process.

I had a >42 kb setupcomplete file that in last months and NTLite never changed as in earlier version but i moved all the content to oobe.cmd because NTLite read the setupcomplete content and saved to the autosaved preset.

i don't add anything to postsetup page at ntlite, i put my oobe and setupcomplete.cmd to setup folder so ntlite doesnt even know or show any commands at software page. so it doesn't change anything or doesn't move anything. at least it wasn't

i'm using latest beta

ege914, noted, will check and fix that.
May I know which commands did you add and how was it changed to not work?

Or your Windows are just not using the $OEM$ folder?

In the meantime, rename .\sources\install.wim so it's detected as an isolated image, to something like .\sources\install_rename.wim
Load it, and confirm on the Source page that the Type is "Isolated".
Then it will preserve the image-internal location of the setupcomplete.

hi nuhi, i don't add anycommands via ntlite, i just click to explore mounted directory ant put my cmd files to scripts folder... since i don't type anycommands to unattended - post setup page at ntlite, my cmd file commands are not even displayed on ntlite screen.

i fixed my problem by not adding updates to ntlite but now i have a new problem. i my oobe.cmd doesnt run...

hi nuhi, i don't add anycommands via ntlite, i just click to explore mounted directory ant put my cmd files to scripts folder... since i don't type anycommands to unattended - post setup page at ntlite, my cmd file commands are not even displayed on ntlite screen.

i fixed my problem by not adding updates to ntlite but now i have a new problem. i my oobe.cmd doesnt run...
I'm interested in the pre-NTLite setupcomplete.cmd content (if private, you can paste it to my email), and how is it edited after (if not obvious when I try it).

NTLite doesn't touch oobe.cmd, so make sure you renamed back the install.wim after editing and create the ISO then if you do - if you even tried that.

I'm interested in the pre-NTLite setupcomplete.cmd content (if private, you can paste it to my email), and how is it edited after (if not obvious when I try it).

NTLite doesn't touch oobe.cmd, so make sure you renamed back the install.wim after editing and create the ISO then if you do - if you even tried that.

i put both to scripts folder without renaming wim file like i did for years. here is all the scripts and preset. if i can do this like i used to without renaming aything it would be great..

right now i solved setupcomplete problem by not integrating any updates
but still oobe.cmd doesnt run.

btw these cmd files have the same content for years.

Last edited:
i think for solution i will copy everything in oobe to setupcomplete and not going to use it anymore.

it is really interesthing that with every new msdn iso (in major updates) every way i use has to change in order to do the same thing. it is really annoying.

And we groaned and complained when a new xp service pack came out and what worked yesterday didnt anymore, now we have it every 6 months. We never had it so good.

I say you must treat each new windows 10 build as a new os and not just an update.

And we groaned and complained when a new xp service pack came out and what worked yesterday didnt anymore, now we have it every 6 months. We never had it so good.

I say you must treat each new windows 10 build as a new os and not just an update.

yeah i can clearly see that.... but still you don't expect setupcomplete and oobe cmd file to be effected like this.

Its microsoft we are dealing with here. Expect the unexpected.

Today i found out
1) if you integrate updates somehow your setupcomplete.cmd will be broken down (at least mine does) (maybe this one can be fixed by ntlite)
2) OOBEE.cmd doesn't even work anymore. (i don't get the reason, it was working at 1607 and old ntlite for years)
3) When i put everything in oobe to setupcomplete, i found out they changed netfx3.5's name... so code is not working... (thx again mc) here is fix for it

with 1809 they changed freakin name of the netfx3.5 so this doesn't work
Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:%Windir%\Setup\Files /LimitAccess

you can use this if you want to activate netfx3.5 from setupcomplete.cmd (i renamed netframework cab from sxs folder to "NetFramework3.5.cab")
Dism /Online /LogLevel:1 /Add-Package /PackagePath:"%Windir%\Setup\Files\NetFramework3.5.cab" /NoRestart /Quiet

so conclusion is
transferred oobe to setupcomplete. and for not breaking it i'm not integrating any updates... +netfx3.5 code is changed... thx for help

Last edited:
Today i found out
1) if you integrate updates somehow your setupcomplete.cmd will be broken down (at least mine does) (maybe this one can be fixed by ntlite)
2) OOBEE.cmd doesn't even work anymore. (i don't get the reason, it was working at 1607 and old ntlite for years)

1) will be fixed
2) lots of commands are ignored in latest win 10 setup

Back