Chredge sign-in problem

Chredge :)

Removed Microsoft Account?
If not, please attach the preset. Thanks.

This one is a real headache... already wasted two days and not clear what's needed.
Yeah, my job ain't easy and you need to be a bit crazy to find it interesting :)
So as I said please attach the preset, or send it to my PM if you wonder about privacy.
Of course make sure nothing else was done to the ISO while hunting for the cause.

Thanks.

I really got no idea about this one, but I think it needs:
Windows Apps: 1 or more components
Network: 3 or more components

Attachments

• Lumia 3.2.xml
    27.1 KB
There's nothing crazy about this. Linux runs on way less RAM compared to Windows - and there's a reason for it - Windows is too bloated. So when we strip it down using NTLite the performances on low end devices increases drastically. The more you can optimize protecting only features that you need - the more performance you will get - and with less distractions. NTLite should be called "build your own custom Windows distro"!

gilius, thanks for the extra info, now allow me to find it, rest assured that you helped speed up the search.
Testing.

OK, here are my results using the provided preset:
- UAC is needed as Edge says it does not support login with admin rights
- AccountsControl to open the sign-in popup
- AAD.BrokerPlugin is needed to open the login page, the error you've been experiencing
- Microsoft Passport for the actual login

The bottom 3 are actually all tightly related to the Microsoft Account.
Will be making a new compatibility option for sign-in, split from the existing Microsoft Store compatibility, and add the descriptions to these.

With that said, if you still have any problem with these kept, please attach the new preset with the explanation what to look for, don't bother with testing.

Thanks.

u should have checked for uac i told u :/ btw uac is also needed for windows spotlight to run on lockscreen... or else even widgets won't work...

OK, here are my results using the provided preset:
- UAC is needed as Edge says it does not support login with admin rights
- AccountsControl to open the sign-in popup
- AAD.BrokerPlugin is needed to open the login page, the error you've been experiencing
- Microsoft Passport for the actual login

The bottom 3 are actually all tightly related to the Microsoft Account.
Will be making a new compatibility option for sign-in, split from the existing Microsoft Store compatibility, and add the descriptions to these.

With that said, if you still have any problem with these kept, please attach the new preset with the explanation what to look for, don't bother with testing.

Thanks.
Splendid, splendid... thank you very much indeed - cheers! I would have probably wasted another 2 weekends and still unable to find it. God knows how you managed to test and eliminate the issue. You could just say you work for Microsoft and it would make more sense! :p Nice breakdown on the various components. Please consider publishing an NTLite book!

BTW, I still can't sign in using an admin account - even with UAC included - but it's not a biggie if I have to use a standard account.

Back