Classic right-click Context Menu in Windows 11

Errepublika

I insert the classic right-click context menu script in Windows 11 in the registry with NTlite and it doesn't take it or I put it in the wrong place that I may be doing wrong
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\{86ca1aa0-34aa-4e8b-a509-50c905bae2a2}\InprocServer32]
@=""

I'm not in a place where I can test this, but here's some thoughts that might help:

1) It's possible this tweak gets overwritten while installing Windows, and that's why it doesn't work with NTLite. If this is the case you would have to use a different approach (post-setup or something else).

2) Try doing this tweak in local_machine instead of current_user, or use both if necessary.

Last edited:
I'm not in a place where I can test this, but here's some thoughts that might help:

1) It's possible this tweak gets overwritten while installing Windows, and that's why it doesn't work with NTLite. If this is the case you would have to use a different approach (post-setup or something else).

2) Try doing this tweak in local_machine instead of current_user, or use both if necessary.
If you run it on the PC, you restart it works, instead I put the script to remove the acrylic from the lock screen, put the seconds on the clock, AllowTelemetri and these if you install them, the one that does not install is the right-click menu and that is my doubt

W10/11 now overwrites many HKCU settings during new user provisioning. Try adding the same reg file in Post-Setup (User), on the bottom half of Post-Setup's screen. This changes your user profile right after logon. Logout to make it work.

as others have said, windows overwrites this key on user provisioning.

If you want to integrate as a registry you can use the RunOnce key.

Just integrate this , i use it here in my iso and it works perfectly.

Code:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]
"ClassicContextMenu"="REG ADD \"HKCU\\Software\\Classes\\CLSID\\{86ca1aa0-34aa-4e8b-a509-50c905bae2a2}\\InprocServer32\" /v \"\" /t REG_SZ /f /d \"\""

it will work for all the users you create.

Save yourself the extra step. Post-Setup (User) tasks are executed by RunOnce, and NTLite understands what to do with *.reg files.
hmm i understand, it's just that i have my modifications all in one reg file and just integrate it.

Btw, do you have any idea how NTLite does to change the size of icons on the desktop? I wanted to make the icons small and integrate it into my registry file too, but i haven't found a way yet... i found this but it seems it only works when restarting explorer.

hmm i understand, it's just that i have my modifications all in one reg file and just integrate it.

Btw, do you have any idea how NTLite does to change the size of icons on the desktop? I wanted to make the icons small and integrate it into my registry file too, but i haven't found a way yet... i found this but it seems it only works when restarting explorer.
I think I saw something in MDL but I'm not sure I need time because I'm busy with my sister's computer that gives me problems, you won't also have to remove the arrows from the desktop icons. Could you please send me the file if you want
Let's see if I finish the other team and look
thank you

No there was nothing in MDL I asked to see if someone answers something

Turn on Show seconds on system tray clock

; Created by: Shawn Brink
; Created on: November 18, 2022
; Tutorial: https://www.elevenforum.com/t/turn-on-or-off-show-seconds-in-system-tray-clock-in-windows-11.10591/

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
"ShowSecondsInSystemClock"=dword:00000001

Same problem, you can't import this HKCU key before the first logon. But it doesn't work because you're already logged on and requires restarting Explorer to make visible. Yes, it's annoying.

Have you try using ntlite settings/desktop if i’m not wrong I think there’s an option there that you can choose the size of your desktop icons

under ntlite, go to configure, then settings. Click on desktop until you get the list down, and the option to change desktop icon size is available.
(Default, Extra large , Large , Medium and Small )

There isnt really any need for a registry fix or entry for that.

i know its late but incase someone else reads just use
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{86ca1aa0-34aa-4e8b-a509-50c905bae2a2}\InprocServer32]
@=""

Last edited:
Back