Clicking "open with" shows an error and restarts.

CourteousGeek

Event Viewer: A critical system process, C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe, failed with status code c06d007e. The machine must now be restarted.

bug.gif

Attachments

• Auto-saved 2180b7bd.xml
    42.7 KB
I can't read anything that tiny. Random guess from lsass.exe error: Kerberos Client 32-bit

Does the event log actually have more details?

Unfortunately it doesn't have any more details, i tried your suggestion it continues to restart.
Here is the popup in a clear view.
vlc_PlVpx25iIU.png

What kind of basic info goes along with this error, like which version of Windows? Did it only happen on an NTLite image or does it happen on untweaked installs too, etcetera. Traditionally lsass issues are associated with viruses, though this same error has come up due to a few different Windows Updates that Microsoft had to rollback/fix. It also seems to be an error people encounter on rare occassions in games, allegedly some fixes are to disable Gsync and/or enable XMP in bios, and if either of those actually work (I doubt it) then it's almost assuredly a bug.

It is "Encrypting File System (EFS) - Feature", keep it, or remove EFS Service as well, already fixed for next.
Will upload today.
Thanks for reporting.

Fix uploaded in build 9016.
Try to fix it manually by extracting \Windows\System32\efscore.dll from the full image and reboot.
If that doesn't help, do the Host Refresh if reinstall is not an option.

Back