Combining x64 and x86 ESD together

crypticus

Hi i'm trying to combine my x64 and x86 esd files together but i really couldn't do it.. i don't combine different versions just the different architectures of same iso

yes i read it, he already knows a lot of things, i don't even know where to start and actually i made forum search at new and old forum and read every article about it. but there is no guide..

and there is a problem with autoattend.xml i think its not universal for both x86 and x64 maybe it can be fixed?

and nuhi, if you ever think about fixing that somehow.. please prepare a quick guide with iamges :/ it would be so helpfull because from zero i cannot make it

@ege914, currently you can use Export to append edition to WIMs. See here for more info.
That said, it is not as easy as some AIO tools out there, NTLite can't cover all.
I'll add an easy edition renaming in the near future to bypass that newly realized ESD limitation.

Change the target ESD image to WIM. Then you can expert an image into it. Then change back to ESD. autounattend.xml is a bit limited how universal you can make it due to the way its parsed when read by setup applying different images. Can end up with duplicate commands running, conflicting settings, etc. The fewest possible options are the most likely to work universally.

:/ i need unattended.xml so i guess i won't combine them for now
You can use one for both arch.
There are separate sections or "duplicated" with the difference "x64" or "x86" that are read by the os "setup arch" only, not twice.

i need kind of video tutorial for using ntlite to combine both arch. I always came up with bugs on my system finally today i am bug free and i really don't want to waste my time on doing wrong things over and over again untill i create a combined bug free iso.. with esd and uefi supported

at the tab Automate - Unattended - check in the toolbar [x] Dual architecture and do all the changes you want to apply.
The final autounattend.xml will work for both architectures.

Yes, autounattend.xml answer file for x86 + x64 combined in the same image will work just fine like @Kasual said. Its combining multiple versions into the same image, like 7, server 2008, server 2012, windows 8.1, windows 10, etc. Trying to fully automate those with some extra runonce commands and install scripts for example would get messy.

Back