Components page: What about the non-colored items?

exelanz

Hi all,

I found the following color scheme for the components page:

Green – Privacy
Blue – Gaming
Orange – Lite
Red – Not recommended to remove

However, I see a lot of items without any color, I was wondering what that means. I guess they are not part of any template and it´s up to me to decide yes/no to include them right?

Many thanks in advance.

Unless nuhi's forgotten to color a component, all uncategorized items are Windows pre-requisites (drivers, fonts, languages, UWP framework libraries). They're still removable, but obviously everyone will make different choices.

However, I see a lot of items without any color, I was wondering what that means. I guess they are not part of any template and it´s up to me to decide yes/no to include them right?
Those are uncategorized, should be something optional and not always necessary, but difficult to classify as it differs with users.
Language-related components are the most obvious ones, none is a must, but also cannot tag any of them as belonging to a category.
Then Edge Browser, needed to download other browsers :)
Calculator, Notepad... etc. Not critical, but also basic and used in most cases.
It would be very annoying if a lite template would remove Notepad and Edge.

I remove Edge after ticking Lite template, as I keep Chrome installer on another partition.
One could also use Winget to install a browser. With a wizard approach it could ask which language to keep, add Winget command to post-setup for a browser of choice.
One day.

Do let me know if you see something illogical with the currently untagged ones.

Back