Components Removal

KnightRiderAOE

Hi There Raj here....
Sorry to come up with a new thread to waste tym of Xperts..Searched the whole Forums to find issues similar but no luck..Dats y dis post..
I hav asked b4 and I got very clear xtended support from u guys which infact boosts ma confidence to find an answer here.Here goes...

Quoting ma prev thread "Amn't that bright abt Deep Windows S**T ..So bear with me if I sound stupid...I run a computer shack & take installations very seriously..It takes more time for installations & a Custom image is used .I trim & tweak the image for optimal purpose "
When i try to configure components i hit trouble..(aware that it is un-undoable :) ) When I make a wrong change & wanna fix that ,it doesnt lemme...It stays grayed out & ticked..For Example Keyboard Layouts..I can click & remove layouts as whole..But If I wanna add them back it shows grayed out & checked.Reset Button does nothing..I can select top hierarchy & clicck reset..It shows as if reset but the changes made are grayed out & ticked..What does this mean..To my understanding when its mentioned not undoable,it means after processing the Image.Right???Can someone explain clearly how its done..Coz I dont understand it at all..
I wud like a to know a little more abt Presets too...So Loaded an image & tweaked Components....What If I wanna save independednt p[resets for services,components & settings....How do I apply all this together to an Image loaded later..Can U please help me with that too..M really sorry for the trouble...

Last edited:

nuhi

NTLite developer
Staff member
Hi,

all I understood is that some components allow you to uncheck them, but not recheck?
Can you make a screenshot of that issue, and make sure it's the latest version of the tool.

Thanks.

KnightRiderAOE

M Sorry If I dint make it Clear..I will Xplain step by step..
We mount & load a Wim
Options are now visible and we click on components ..
I see Drivers,H/W Support,ISO Image etc..
I Xpand Drivers..Everything is checked and enabled..
I try to uncheck Floppy Disk Drives & it goes grayed out..Tick is still there but the whole option is grayed out..
Now What if I wanna reenable that option..I cant..
I know the changes made to components are "Undo" able...But I havnt yet clicked Apply..
Can U Xplain this pls.....
"I wud like a to know a little more abt Presets too...So Loaded an image & tweaked Components....What If I wanna save independednt p[resets for services,components & settings....How do I apply all this together to an Image loaded later..Can U please help me with that too..M really sorry for the trouble.."
I will clarify this with an Example....
I load a Wim...
Disabled some services ..Saved the preset..
Now keeping the Wim loaded I add drivers.....I save again with a different name..Now at a later stage I load a diff wim and want only the drivers to be added...Can I use the second preset or wen I use the preset ..Will the Services be disabled as well..What M really asking is ,inorder to save presets for different attributes of a WIM ,do I have to load the WIm everytime,make the change ,save & unload..is this true...

garlin

Staff member
If you insist on writing in non-English, I don't think many people will answer. Maybe you should try the Discord server.

D

Deleted member 8142

Pl go to presets directory rename autosaved preset of last session to something else of your choice.
then start a new session this will create a new autosaved preset in same presets directory & rest all i think you know :)
be happy & stay blessed

nuhi

NTLite developer
Staff member
I will clarify this with an Example....
I load a Wim...
Disabled some services ..Saved the preset..
Now keeping the Wim loaded I add drivers.....I save again with a different name..Now at a later stage I load a diff wim and want only the drivers to be added...Can I use the second preset or wen I use the preset ..Will the Services be disabled as well..What M really asking is ,inorder to save presets for different attributes of a WIM ,do I have to load the WIm everytime,make the change ,save & unload..is this true...
Presets store only changes from that session.
You can combine presets by loading multiple at once and right-click Load
Or right-click Load - Append one by one.
Presets are independent from the WIM, but they load only differences for existing/detected items.