Constant BSODs when running NTLite

Windows 10 User

I've been having constant BSODs when creating images on NTLite. I have this error message.

I used a 19041.1 Enterprise x64 pt-pt image.

Attachments

• preset.xml
    30.9 KB
Last edited:
Most probably an antivirus, never saw a BSOD caused by NTLite itself as it doesn't access anything in the host system - unless editing C:\Windows which your preset doesn't.
During mounting or?
Try uninstalling any antivirus you use.
Another potential is hardware instability, try some stress/benchmark tools.

Most probably an antivirus, never saw a BSOD caused by NTLite itself as it doesn't access anything in the host system - unless editing C:\Windows which your preset doesn't.
During mounting or?
Try uninstalling any antivirus you use.
Another potential is hardware instability, try some stress/benchmark tools.

I disable and I even tried closing my antivirus when using NTLite and I don't have Microsoft Defender because I used NTLite to remove it when creating an image and I used that image to install Windows.

No, after mounting, when doing the process.

Maybe it's a hardware problem but it's weird since it has only been happening when using NTLite.

Maybe a CU install did this.

Last edited:
ntfs error sounds as if your HD is about to give up. If it is also 7-8 years old like your printer (that work on and off?) it may be time to consider upgrading.

check your hdd/ssd cables(if you have them), swap the data cable see if problem persists, check the power cable is seated tight. if problem persists use Hard Disk Sentinel(it can be used in trial mode) to see if your hdd is about to crap out, it will show up any errors.

Last edited:
ntfs error sounds as if your HD is about to give up. If it is also 7-8 years old like your printer (that work on and off?) it may be time to consider upgrading.

check your hdd/ssd cables(if you have them), swap the data cable see if problem persists, check the power cable is seated tight. if problem persists use Hard Disk Sentinel(it can be used in trial mode) to see if your hdd is about to crap out, it will show up any errors.

It has bad sectors.

swap the data cable. i had lots of problems when i worked with ltsb 1607. i had to install on a running w7 system(dual booting) and ltsb always screwed up my file systems, running chkdsk on every damn partition, not happy :mad:

swap the data cable. i had lots of problems when i worked with ltsb 1607. i had to install on a running w7 system(dual booting) and ltsb always screwed up my file systems, running chkdsk on every damn partition, not happy :mad:

Do you think it might be caused by a CU install since I've heard recent ones were caused by it?

Last edited:
highly likely.

I asked that because my HDD has bad sectors for a lot of time and I wasn't having BSODs...

EDIT: Now I also had a BSOD when typing on the Start Menu after installing Windows with the attached preset.

EDIT 2: I reinstalled Windows, created new images, used them to reinstall Windows and didn't have a BSOD a single time when creating new images.

Attachments

• preset.xml
    30.9 KB
Last edited:
Back