Created ISO but its not bootable by Rufus

Askeladd

rufus says my iso is not bootable
unknown.png

I took a clean windows 10 iso file and configured it in Nlite for my needs
then i applied and created the iso and now i cant use the ISO on USB to test the install..

any ideas? <3

you probably never used iso with full files while doing edits in ntlite, so ntlite had to repack it with missing files. re do with a completely extracted vanilla iso.

you probably never used iso with full files while doing edits in ntlite, so ntlite had to repack it with missing files. re do with a completely extracted vanilla iso.
care to explain? does it mean im going to edit that iso all over again? because i wasted few hours on it.
maybe i can use the xml file somehow?

Attach preset - NTlite don't support Windows version over 19041 (2004) at the moment!
So i re made the entire proccess and now its working great
what i did:
took a clean iso windows 10 1709
made it PRO only
made my custom changes
created new ISO
installed - works flawlessy

Askeladd, make sure to let us know if you manage to get the non-working ISO again.
Never heard it of happening, so it might be that the first time the ISO creation was aborted or some antivirus blocked file operation.

Oh and another chance, boot managers. Make sure to keep the correct one for Rufus selected type, or best both of them, EFI and BIOS, in System components.

Askeladd, make sure to let us know if you manage to get the non-working ISO again.
Never heard it of happening, so it might be that the first time the ISO creation was aborted or some antivirus blocked file operation.

Oh and another chance, boot managers. Make sure to keep the correct one for Rufus selected type, or best both of them, EFI and BIOS, in System components.
Not sure about the first failed iso i think it might be related to a reg tweak i tried to add and moved it to a different location mid proccess

any way i'm about to create another Iso -might integrate some silent stuff but honestly i am just thinking about creating a folder with my post setup tools and install/apply then after

Back