Custom ISO is stuck at "Nearly done! We are only taking care of things" window

CodeBro

Idk what I did wrong, would you guys maybe have a look on my preset? It is stuck at this loop:
1714658448264.png

Attachments

• extreme debloat win11.xml
    40.3 KB
Try check Compatilbility tab in upper left corner of NTL on Components page.
You're missing Recommended, Windows Activation and OOBE including Manuel Setup as you keep that component..
Your removals will decrease from 729 to 719.

Don't remove Client.CBS:
Code:
<c>microsoftwindows.client.cbs 'Benutzererfahrung für Windows - Schreibtisch'</c>

You're missing Recommended, Windows Activation and OOBE including Manuel Setup as you keep that component..
so combining your answer and below garlins, does that mean I need:
* Recommended
* Windows Activation
* OOBE
* microsoftwindows.client.cbs

so ALL of them?

I would try my suggestion first.

francis11 is quoting the general advice on enabling Compatibility mode protections. That might fix your problem, but then you would never learn which component broke your install.

I would try my suggestion first.

francis11 is quoting the general advice on enabling Compatibility mode protections. That might fix your problem, but then you would never learn which component broke your install.
Makes sense! And also, is it possible to entirely skip this manual process by unchecking:
* ISO Image
-> Manual Setup
-> Manual Feature Repository

because ACTUALLY I would love to get rid of "OOBE, Client.CBS," and all that related stuff like windows hello, I would love for my .iso to just silently install, for me it can do it with a black screen only, and then just instantly pop up the desktop when its done, can this work Garlin?

You cannot remove OOBE or Client.CBS, until after OOBE has finished. Technically you could replace the entire OOBE process, but in practice no one has successfully done that with different software. There's a lot of new user provisioning in OOBE.

I would love for my .iso to just silently install, for me it can do it with a black screen only, and then just instantly pop up the desktop when its done, can this work Garlin?
Run in Unattended mode, confirm that Setup has booted.

Turn off your monitor; make a cup of coffee or tea, relax, and come back when you hear the second Windows chime. Turn monitor on.

Because you have a licensed version of NTLite, this process is very simple.

1. Unattended mode -> Enable
2. Auto-fill -> All
3. Add local account Wizard will ask you want to create the same username as yourself.

1714758583455.png

4. Configure disk -> Disk template. Click on the orange double-arrows to auto-size Operating system.

1714758832523.png

5. Change Privacy options to true.

1714759028859.png

Now your Windows install will be entirely automated. The disk will be wiped and partitioned (always check from a manual install if the disk ID is correct, or you might erase the wrong disk!). If auto-logon is enabled, Windows install ends on your desktop.

For those with free NTLite, you will have to set up Disk Layout by hand using Configure Disk -> Individual partition.

Garlin you save my day, NTLite is such astrong tool, cant wait to have a windows with like 35 process only lmao.

Kudos to all of you!!

Because you have a licensed version of NTLite, this process is very simple.

1. Unattended mode -> Enable
2. Auto-fill -> All
3. Add local account Wizard will ask you want to create the same username as yourself.

View attachment 11776

4. Configure disk -> Disk template. Click on the orange double-arrows to auto-size Operating system.

View attachment 11777

5. Change Privacy options to true.

View attachment 11778

Now your Windows install will be entirely automated. The disk will be wiped and partitioned (always check from a manual install if the disk ID is correct, or you might erase the wrong disk!). If auto-logon is enabled, Windows install ends on your desktop.

For those with free NTLite, you will have to set up Disk Layout by hand using Configure Disk -> Individual partition.
One question to that ( i am a pro user of NTLite ) the diskID is in my case 0, is that correct? or should it be another number?

I am abit afraid of NTLite erasing my main(current) disk when i let the diskID be 0 :/

Boot your previous ISO (which has no autounattend.xml). Stop at the first Setup screen.

Enter Shift-F10 to open a CMD window.
Run diskpart, "list disk". Check if disk 0 matches what you expected.

Some users may need a different DiskID because they have several disks on two different drive controllers, and Windows gives one controller a higher priority in disk numbering. On a single disk PC, it's always disk 0 that boots.

If you skip the Disk Layout, then Setup will be partially automated and stops to ask you to handle the disk layout. After you finish that manual step, then Windows install will resume and run entirely unattended until the end.

Okay, but cant I just assume (since I have only 1 SSD but with 3 paritions) that the "driveID=0" by default?

You sound afraid of making a mistake. Then don't use the Disk Layout wizard, it's optional. Unattended Setup will stop on the normal disk screen, ask you what to do.

I am very close to finishing my .iso, 1 last question so far, is "windows hello setup" really needed? or can I safely remove this and still get through the custom-windows11 installation (for now I do it manually and not in unattended mode, since I am abit insecure about to use it wrong )

1714920675246.png

Windows Hello allows biometric scanners (iris or fingerprint check) to unlock your PC, or by using a PIN code. It's optional.

Okay update: I have made the debloation abit more heavy BUT I (afaik) have made sure to let everything inside which needs to be used for the initial setup and sadly I get a blue screen but not the usual one but rather it says "we detected a problem and it may be fixed due to proper installation of an update, install the update and check" or similar words I cant make screenshot , will do next time with handy then.

Guys, I would be giga glad if you can maybe have another look, idk i checked the entire .xml my self and i dont see what part which gets removed is so cruical for it...

Attachments

• win11 extreme debloat.xml
    39.6 KB
I tried to do what u said BUT I like removing MS Account and 1-2 other useless components who are bound by "Recommend " and "Activation"

Back