Custom Location for Presets folder.

Clanger

Staff member
I want to use a custom Presets folder because i have 3 ntlite builds installed(sometimes more) and its a nightmare exporting then importing presets into every build. Every build will see the session files no matter which build they were created on. NTLite complains and requests activation refresh if i manually add or delete presets from its Presets folder.

Have set this poll to close on 31st of January to allow enough time for people who only pop in occasionally to vote.

Last edited:
I don't think it is necessary and you don't really need to export/import.

The easiest way to acces to the preset or NTLite folder: pin it to the taskbar.

I have portable mode builds in D:\ instead of classic setup and a presets backup folder inside of preset folder.
When a new build is downloaded, preset folder, settings and license files are copied to the new folder build.

If i copy a preset file to preset folder while NTLite is running, just refresh the list from the toolbar.

NTLite complains and requests activation refresh if i manually add or delete presets from its Presets folder.
This never happened to me from 5060 build to date, not even the 4861.

If you use uninstall to remove NTLite in 1.3x versions, it removes presets too, no matter if you check the box to keep them and i think it removes the license file too. That is a bug fixed in recent 1.4 versions to date, is what you have experienced?

Because it happened once, possibly a few times i dont do it any more, just export and import from the UI.

Also something recently added was right-click on a preset and you can "Open file location".

As for custom location, I do understand it, especially if someone installs the tool in Program Files.
I keep NTLite itself in a custom location since it's not mandatory for it to be installed, so preset folder never gets moved or deleted.
That way it's simpler to preserve activation between OS reinstalls as well.

Back