Disable OneDrive as automatic startup

CraigR

Still learning and not able to figure how I can disable one drive as a automatic startup item. Is there a way?

Yes, I refurbish laptops for a company and I still want it there just not turned on and let them decide.

I would like to set it up in ntlite as of right now after OS install I turn it off in task manager.

What's the advantage of using Task Manager? Anyway, the executed command would be:

Disabled

Code:
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\OneDrive" /v DisableFileSyncNGSC /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
Enabled
Code:
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\OneDrive" /v DisableFileSyncNGSC /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

This reg change needs to be applied before the user's first logon, otherwise it can cause folder issues.

I suggest you use NTLite's Settings, and leave a batch file behind with the reg command if someone wants to use OneDrive. A reboot is recommended to make sure services are correctly started or not started.

I tried to make it a reg file and put it in the registry area in Ntlite but just would not run I guess. Might be me as just a novice. Any chance you could attach a .reg file to turn it off?

DisableOneDrive.reg
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\OneDrive]
"DisableFileSyncNGSC"=dword:00000001

Back