Disable "Set up for personal use" in OOBE?

bfrancom

Hi,

I am trying to disable the "Set up for personal use" option in OOBE, and force the user to "Set up for an organization". I want people to only be able to complete setup by logging thru Azure. Sometimes our users will click the personal use option and it creates a disaster. Yes, I understand if a device is enrolled in Intune it should automatically force it, however we have some devices not yet enrolled. I have no control over our Azure side of things or Intune. Please do not point me in that direction, I am simply wondering if I can force this in OOBE.

Normal OOBE has no options to disallow personal accounts, and force the use of Azure AD logons.

Your available options are:
- Enroll this device into Autopilot, and allow OOBE to connect and handle provisioning.
- Create and integrate a PPKG provisioning package, using a bulk enrollment token.

If you can't pre-arrange enrollment with the Azure admins, your best option is work with them to roll out a PPKG, and authorize the use of a bulk enrollment token. The downside is a token only lasts for 180 days, and you will need to respin a new PPKG and image.

The good news is you can integrate that PPKG in NTLite as an "Update". Hopefully, some of our AAD users might share some further advice.

Back