Discord installation error

K3rnelPan1c

Hi, I'm making a Windows 1909 ISO; everything works correctly except the Discord installation. This error only happens to me if I remove "WinSxS", but if I don't do it the ISO has a considerable size. I would like to be able to remove this component without damaging the Discord installation.

Discord Log:
2956> 2021-07-08 14:27:59> Unhandled exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
at Squirrel.Update.Program.executeCommandLine(String[] args)
at Squirrel.Update.Program.main(String[] args)

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
(Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Users/K3rnelPan1c/Downloads/DiscordSetup/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
Calling assembly : Update.exe, Version=1.1.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
===
LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
LOG: No application configuration file found.
LOG: Using host configuration file:
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config.
LOG: Post-policy reference: PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Users/K3rnelPan1c/Downloads/DiscordSetup/PresentationFramework.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Users/K3rnelPan1c/Downloads/DiscordSetup/PresentationFramework/PresentationFramework.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Users/K3rnelPan1c/Downloads/DiscordSetup/PresentationFramework.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Users/K3rnelPan1c/Downloads/DiscordSetup/PresentationFramework/PresentationFramework.EXE.

Last edited:
It is the <c>netframework4wpfcore 'Windows Presentation Foundation (Núcleo)'</c>
Will add it to the Discord compatibility.
If you want to return that component without reinstalling fully, check the Host Refresh method.

Thanks.

Back