Does anyone know where to find latest Synaptics Touch Pad software?

KaptanJackSparrow

I did some google searching but wasn't able to find much nor any indication as to what is the latest software available for windows 7 or any documentation on how to integrate a silent installer.

Any help would be appreciated

I see there's 19.2.17.59 version of this driver (Win7/8/10 x64) which looks to be from 2019.
But I am not sure if it is generic driver and would it work for all devices?
Do you need it for specific device/laptop?

I see there's 19.2.17.59 version of this driver (Win7/8/10 x64) which looks to be from 2019.
But I am not sure if it is generic driver and would it work for all devices?
Do you need it for specific device/laptop?
It's for an MSI laptop however I wasn't able to find any information on MSI's website as they seem to desire to erase any connection they had with windows 7, or any laptops over 2 years old. google searches have mostly been finding drivers from dell and lenovo and other places which isn't ideal. The Synaptics website was frustratingly focused on telling the world how wonderful and innovative their products are rather than offering any support or documentation on the products they have out in the wild. I hate websites like that.

Try to look in Touchpad DriverPack here
Code:
https://download0.drp.su/driverpacks/
Link for current version
Code:
https://download0.drp.su/driverpacks/DP_Touchpad_Synaptics_20124.7z

Once again thank you for the help, this has drivers for everyone the NTx64/ MSI/ X64 driver and installer works for me and seems to be newer than any of the drivers I've found.

btw i don't recommend LATEST version. u should use the version from your device's support page if you can install it on latest windows. because lots of touchpad's have dedicated keys on them and in some cases only YOUR laptop support page's driver will work with that button

btw i don't recommend LATEST version. u should use the version from your device's support page if you can install it on latest windows. because lots of touchpad's have dedicated keys on them and in some cases only YOUR laptop support page's driver will work with that button

LMAO My device has no support page. It only has windows 10 junk which likely wouldn't work correctly on a windows 7 installation anyway. A lot of companies are trying there best to forget that windows 7 ever existed. Companies like Intel, Microsoft and many device manufactures are actively pulling windows 7 drivers off there website(s). Just look at the retro active decision of Microsoft to make their Xboxone controllers windows 10 only as an example.

As much as I love my laptop I'm mostly finding drivers and support from Dell and Lenovo and the wayback machine. it was a fairly expensive machine which isn't terribly old either.

Normally I would agree with you that the latest version isn't always the best and I'm normally of the mindset that if it works don't fix it however as this is a new and experimental installation I'd like to at least try the newer drivers and it's often not easy to establish what version is current.

anyway hopefully my reply doesn't come off as rude, Thanks for the laugh I needed that ^_^

Back