Does NTLite Home require purchase ever year?

Sephir8th

Hi there, does the home version of NTLite require purchase ever year?

I'm looking to remove Edge browser but I don't see the option in the free version. I'm guessing this is on the Licensed Home ver?

Thanks

NTLite licenses are permanent, but they do expire. Sounds confusing right?

When you purchase a license, every successful activation is permanent for that HW ID. If you don't change the HW profile (upgrade CPU, motherboard, network adapter), then that copy is permanent.

Why do licenses have an expiration date? The license permanently unlocks all premium features added before the expiration date. New features added after expiration will be locked. What that means is if you're happy with the existing features (or don't need the next major Windows release), then NTLite doesn't require a renewal.

After a newer Windows gets released, you have to re-purchase NTLite (at the renewal pricing) to take advantage of it. Upgrading to a new NTLite version is still useful for expired licenses, because it may contain bug fixes for your old features.

Yes. Edge removal is a licensed feature.

Those are "Suggested apps", which can be blocked by removing Content Delivery Manager. You will lose the logon screen's random wallpaper, but that's a minor trade-off.

So you said if I can buy a home license and uninstall all the components, but then will I be able to uninstall OneDrive or all bloatware like the premium features?

Even if new premium features are released, will I still have the existing component removal premium features?

NTLite knows when a premium feature was released, and if you have a valid license (even if it's expired) then it will permanently unlock every feature that was released before the license's expiration.

OneDrive and default Apps removal have been premium features for several years now. It's like how Windows handles Cumulative Updates, NTLite keeps adding new premium features to the full list.

The licensing model is very simple. Your copy of NTLite can be:
- Free edition (missing all premium features)
- Licensed edition with unexpired activation (get all new premium features, as released)
- Licensed edition with expired activation (keep all old premium features, don't get newer features)

Back