Edge still shows up in Search, even through it's clearly gone

bird

Hello, can you help me find a way to remove a remnant of Edge, an internet browser that I really despise due to their obnoxious attempts at promotion. NTLite does remove edge, but it still leaves behind references in the search.

I depend on NTLite due to my brittle mental and physical health. It is bad enough that there is so much hysteria about the end of support for Windows 7.

Screenie below:

Untitled-1.png

NTLite version 1.9.0.7330
Windows 10 Enterprise, 1909 Build 18363.693

Sorry about the rushed message. With all the conspiracy theories and hysteria about Windows 10, I quickly get exhausted when trying to find solutions on the internet.

Last edited:
I have actually applied the procedure to remove reinstalls before making the report.

EDIT: However, I managed to remove it via Host Refresh. I think a recent restoration from Macrium Reflect may have been the cause of why I could not run Host Refresh earlier.

Last edited:
I have actually applied the procedure to remove reinstalls before making the report.

EDIT: However, I managed to remove it via Host Refresh. I think a recent restoration from Macrium Reflect may have been the cause of why I could not run Host Refresh earlier.
Thanks for the info in this topic.
Will check myself next time on remove returns if Edge is in the search results.
Make sure to ping me if you see it again, should be fixable without host refresh.

Thanks for the info in this topic.
Will check myself next time on remove returns if Edge is in the search results.
Make sure to ping me if you see it again, should be fixable without host refresh.

please also check windows defender and security.. they were also in search results

Back