Error [183] Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

Hatless2139

I have searched all over the site and tried all the suggestions I could find. As you can see in my log i've tried changing the temp folder locations.

I've also tried running the program as admin

i've tried other ISO files (the one in this example is fresh from microsoft today)

I decided to buy this program after running a test build in a virtualbox with the free version. This is a pretty sad way to start off after spending the money to support the program :(

Any help to resolve this would be appreciated.

Attachments

• NTLite2.log
    2.6 KB
This is a new NTLite major build, which may have new unreported bugs. But this is a common error, we should check the obvious first.

Are you running any 3rd-party security software? Please temporarily disable it while running NTLite. Most likely your VM instance isn't running with the same level of security enabled.

This is a new NTLite major build, which may have new unreported bugs. But this is a common error, we should check the obvious first.

Are you running any 3rd-party security software? Please temporarily disable it while running NTLite. Most likely your VM instance isn't running with the same level of security enabled.
I only use windows security. I don't install extra AV programs, firewalls, etc.

Hatless2139, is maybe e:\Temp\ on a RAM drive or something unusual compared to the fixed NTFS drive?
Looking at the log, trying to open the image for mounting fails, that is not normal, must be something with the system itself.

Maybe try deleting in Regedit this key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WIMMount\Mounted Images
(After unloading any loaded/blue images from the tool itself)

Recopy fresh image that you're sure is not corrupted, and retry then.
Update the tool first while at it.

Let me know if you remember anything that could help replicate this.

Hatless2139, is maybe e:\Temp\ on a RAM drive or something unusual compared to the fixed NTFS drive?
Looking at the log, trying to open the image for mounting fails, that is not normal, must be something with the system itself.
No, I do not use RAMDRIVE or any similar software. I only moved it to E:\temp after it wasn't working in the default location on [ C: which is just a standalone nvme m.2 SSD ]
Maybe try deleting in Regedit this key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WIMMount\Mounted Images
(After unloading any loaded/blue images from the tool itself)
Nothing was listed inside of this key but i deleted it anyways.
Recopy fresh image that you're sure is not corrupted, and retry then.
Update the tool first while at it.

Let me know if you remember anything that could help replicate this.
I uninstalled ntlite, removed the reg key above, and all temp folders. downloaded fresh ntlite installer, downloaded a fresh w11 iso from microsoft again today. Verified the hash. Same Error. Ntlite 2024.3.9817. Tested again after switching to beta 2024.3.9819: same error. Switched back to stable which brought it to 2024.3.9819: same error. (removed all temp files between each test)

Attachments

• NTLite.log
    3 KB
No, I do not use RAMDRIVE or any similar software. I only moved it to E:\temp after it wasn't working in the default location on [ C: which is just a standalone nvme m.2 SSD ]

Nothing was listed inside of this key but i deleted it anyways.

I uninstalled ntlite, removed the reg key above, and all temp folders. downloaded fresh ntlite installer, downloaded a fresh w11 iso from microsoft again today. Verified the hash. Same Error. Ntlite 2024.3.9817. Tested again after switching to beta 2024.3.9819: same error. Switched back to stable which brought it to 2024.3.9819: same error. (removed all temp files between each test)
Then try another machine, it must work.
For example spin up a virtual one on that machine, just for testing, if you don't have another machine (OS) at hand.
Other than a broken mounting engine, I am out of ideas. We can talk about the OS repair after you confirm it can work, as there is always a small chance it's something unique.

After another OS is checked with the same image, you can also try mounting on the "broken" OS with this tool to see potentially another error, or it shows it works, then I wonder which parameters you put in there.
Mount point is the new temporary directory, dedicated to the mount.
Source is WIM path (.\Sources\install.wim on that image, copied outside of ISO).

Thank you.

Back