Error: '[2] The system cannot find the file specified.'

BOBMO

I've just downloaded the latest Windows 1709 and NTlite versions and I'm trying to configure the settings section. However, every time I go to process, it fails for 80% of them. Any ideas?

errors.PNG

Huh, that's new and unexpected.
Please attach %temp%\ntlite.log at the moment of the issue to see what is it actually missing (error 2).

While at it, please attach the preset demonstrating that, if you can replicate the issue using clean ISO as well.
Otherwise preserve the old image until you extract the log with more details from it, so I can adapt the tool to that situation.

Thanks.

Huh, that's new and unexpected.
Please attach %temp%\ntlite.log at the moment of the issue to see what is it actually missing (error 2).

Last night i faced the same error on drivers removals while slimming more an already Win 7 slimmed image.

There were some errors, not for all the drivers and not in any component removal, i'll test it again to upload a quick clean log and preset files.

I'm running 1.5.0 Build 5030 x64.

Last edited:
I have the same problem but with driver integration
I have plenty of available space on my ssd so that can't be the cause
Error (2).png

I scrolled through the added drivers and there is no such file
I also tried adding only two simple drivers which I know doesn't have "oem8.inf" and I'm presented with the same error
I used to add the same drivers before without a problem

I attached ntlite.log below

Attachments

• NTLite.log
    10.3 KB
You're integrating current drivers from the host system. OEM.inf numbers are not assigned in random order if you're adding new drivers from an extracted drivers folder.

oem8.inf is missing, or requests driver files which are missing.
0/8/2023 8:42:31 PM Intel Corporation | oem8.inf - Error 0x80070002 - [2] The system cannot find the file specified.
10/8/2023 8:42:31 PM Intel Corporation | oem8.inf - Error 0x80070002 - [2] The system cannot find the file specified.

Run this command, to check if all the listed files are present:
pnputil /enum-drivers /files

Untitled.pngI noticed it is a driver for virtual box which i have it installed on my system.... but I had it installed forever and it never gave me a problem
I'll try excluding drivers one by one to see if it solves the problem

A cleaner answer is not cloning your host's existing drivers (except when those driver files are no longer available). I would locate the drivers for your target system, extract them to install folders, and add them from the Drivers page.

This is a higher rate of success, since you know where the driver files came from. Your host system's drivers may have been updated several times, and never cleaned up.

Back