Error loading wim

dschlic1

I have a AMD motherboard which supports RAID disks. I have enabled RAID and have successfully setup Windows 10 Pro to use the RAID arrays. However I had to use special drivers supplied by ASRock in order to do so. All fine and good. When I went to make a system repair disk, and tested it, I found that it did not contain or use the required special drivers. So I tried to use NTLite V 1.9.0.7407 it had an error loading the image. I then tried the same with a full Win 10 Pro install disk and had the same issue. I have attached a screen shot to this post. Any ideas as how to get around this issue?

Attachments

• NTLite Error.png
    NTLite Error.png
    3.9 KB
Hi,

that can be a number of things, please see here for ideas (reply by "nuhi", myself).
Please check if that recovery image is loadable by GImageX, linked also in that reply.

Let me know how it goes.

I had to fight to get AMD RAID to work. Yours in not the same error I was seeing. I was able to make the .wim, but when I tried to install WIndows, Windows couldn't see my drives. So this answer might not be pertinent to your issue.

In my case, I had to 1) remove all the other disk drivers that were not being used by my system and 2) I had to remember to check two boxes in the PE part of the build: Remove Components and Integrate Drivers.

Back