Error Message after build

jonr

here is an error message i received, trying to understand exactly what it means...

"Error '[1006] The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid.' Read XML: C:\Users\username\Downloads\NTLite_1.5.0_Build_5855_Full_Portable\NTLite 1.5.0 Build 5855 Full Multilingual Portable\Presets\NT-Lite Preset.xml"

does this mean I cannot add a preset to an already edited ISO? Do i always need to start with a fresh untouched version of Win 7/10?
can i still add drivers/software to edited versions of ISO's?

thanks,

here is an error message i received, trying to understand exactly what it means...

"Error '[1006] The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid.' Read XML: C:\Users\username\Downloads\NTLite_1.5.0_Build_5855_Full_Portable\NTLite 1.5.0 Build 5855 Full Multilingual Portable\Presets\NT-Lite Preset.xml"

Have you edited the preset 'NT-Lite Preset.xml'?
If you manually edited 'NT-Lite Preset.xml' while NTLite was runing, maybe there is a string that doesn't open or close with the characters /><.

Do i always need to start with a fresh untouched version of Win 7/10?
can i still add drivers/software to edited versions of ISO's?

I don't know about Win10. But for Win7, you need to always start with a fairly vanilla version of the base iso.

In my case, I start with M$'s Win7+SP1 iso. I add four patches to it (the Convenience Rollup and an mp4 fix). I let NTLite clean up the hotfix leftovers. I let NTLite strip out the versions of Win7 that I won't use. Then I use that new iso as the base for any further work I do.

IIRC, adding anything more than that (like drivers) will cause NTLite to barf.

For any Win version (XP with nLite up to Win 10 with NTLite) i do this:
Update a Win source, use it as a base
slim down a copy of the source updated
Integrate drivers - for this i don't remove the corresponding hardware compatibility component.

If the source is not too slimmed down, i make a copy and remove more with or without the drivers already integrated.

For any Win version (XP with nLite up to Win 10 with NTLite) i do this:
Integrate drivers - for this i don't remove the corresponding hardware compatibility component.
This should work for most users. But in my case - with AMD RAID drivers - I have to remove all the competing storage drivers in order for thr AMD RAID to install. IIRC, removing oem drivers causes NTLite to barf at start.

This should work for most users. But in my case - with AMD RAID drivers - I have to remove all the competing storage drivers in order for thr AMD RAID to install. IIRC, removing oem drivers causes NTLite to barf at start.

I don't have any problem by removing all oem0*.inf drivers or another file name drivers for oem, i removed protections and started removing freely some components, now, the irda (irda network protocol) removal is one of the explicit online removal components that i have removed but there is not any "barf" or anything else after i loaded the source but i have seen warnings whith less components removed when trying to add updates.

Okay. Maybe NTLite has changed since the last time I tried removing drivers. Or maybe I have a faulty memory. :)

Back