Error on ESD output

Deen0X

Hi. Im using NTLite (licenced) since few months and works great, but last days i have a problem and i don´t know how to solve
when creating a ISO, always create a WIM version for quick generation and test. when it´s ok (tested on virtual machine, and install without issues), i load the exact same configuration and mark "ESD" as option, for compressed image, but when try on VM, the process of copy files stops at 66% and system (VM) reboot.
i tested the same ISO (ESD) on real machine and get the same behavior.

on my tests, i copy the WIM version on another machine, open NLite and create ISO (ESD) from the original ISO (WIM) version, and works few times, but now, this fails the same way.

In any case, generating complete ISO (ESD) from scratch, or regenerating iso from WIM, i get the same result. Only the ISO(WIM) image is usable.

i'm checking the log and i find this line:
WIM error_17: 3242328343

the only thread i found related with this is:

can you give me some clue on how to solve this problem?

Attachments

• NTLite.log
    8 KB
There's been recent user complaints that NTLite-made ESD images don't finish image extraction, but nothing conclusive so far.

"WIM error_17: 3242328343" is unrelated to your problem.
0xc1420117 errors are common when the mounted image directory has open files, like the shortly terminated Explorer instance in your log.

We should wait until nuhi finds this thread.

Hi,

the error 3242328343 is in hex 0xc1420117:
"The directory could not be completely unmounted, this is usually due to applications that still have files open within the mount directory"

Which is interesting as I just got another report of this over the email. It's as if Windows has a new bug, or some antivirus or a tweak can cause it.
I haven't changed anything regarding mount directory handling in recent months, that comes to mind.

Have you explored the mount directory (right-click Explore Mount Directory) and left Explorer open there during saving, or anything similar where a file might be in use while unmounting?
Try suspending any antivirus/antimalmare tools, just for testing purposes.

As for ESD instability, let's first try to get to the clean log in the regards of the mentioned above, then we'll see if it works.

Thanks.

thanks for the reply

my complete sequence for generating any iso is:
mount edition
explore folder and copy my stuff on this folder
close the explorer (all explorers)
load my profile for generating the ISO
the profile come by default in WIM (for editing this), and when i consider, select the "ESD" option, and generate the ISO.

I always suspend antivirus (defender). in fact, last test i did, i run Aerotweaker and disable completely Defender, after garlin comment. even kill explorer from task manager, for discarding these two factors, and the same result. the result iso fails on 66% of the installation.
now i will start with another version, from scartch, and will comment if i get the same problem.

Hi all!

any news about this problem? it´s a pity because i'm running NTLite (Licensed) on two computers and i have the same problema on both. Cannot create ISO in ESD version.

I haven't heard much in other confirmed instances of ESD corruption. What you can do to investigate if this is purely NTLite, or a problem based in your personal environment, is try converting the WIM using abbodi's ESD2WIM-WIM2ESD script.

Extract files, copy (or move) the WIM into the same folder and run the CMD script. This tool uses wimlib-imagex for conversion.
NTLite uses the wimlib library from the same author, to do this work. This test will inform us whether the problem starts with wimlib.

Hi. sorry if i sounds so noob, but, i don´t know what to do with the ESD file now.
i exported the WIM file from created iso, and then used th script, and this generated a ESD file. but now, i don´t know how to import this to NTLite to create a new ISO from it.

now i have another issue related to this problem
i created a ISO (ESD) and this install without problems on virtualbox. now im trying to install on real machine (steamdeck) and fails when is copying files during setup.

but generating the same ISO but WIM, there is no problem.

i mention is a related issue, because previous to this, ISO ESD fails on both, virtualbox and real machine, but this time only fails on real machine.

You copy/move the install.esd back into the ISO's \sources folder (replacing the existing install.wim or install.esd).
From NTLite, select the image folder and right-menu -> Create ISO.

The only difference btw running the same ISO inside a VM and a real PC, is a PC requires different drivers. VM's emulate a "generic PC".

Back