Extra Services Options Disabled

CaptnDork

Is there a way to unlock all of the services & extra services so we can turn them off? For example; I removed the Apple Solid State Drive device driver, and would like to turn it off in Extra Services as it's set to 'Boot,' but it's locked. There's a slew of other services tied to RAID/SAS controllers (LSI) that I don't need started, ever, and would like to disable those as well.

I did try to use the 'Compatibility' options in Components, but it seems to have no affect here.

2024-04-29 23_49_28-NTLite.png
2024-04-29 23_50_38-NTLite.png
2024-04-29 23_51_02-NTLite.png

Extra Services is mostly a list of driver-related Services which are started at boot time. The correct approach is to remove the parent component which owns the specific driver instance, instead of disabling each service.

After a component is removed, all of its assigned services, files, and reg entries will be gone when the image is reloaded.

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    100.6 KB
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    46 KB
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    76.7 KB
I might add, it’s not necessary to disable most of the Extra Services. Those Services only run if the associated driver is loaded, which only happens if specific devices are found.

No HW found = no driver loaded, no Extra Service(s).

garlin Thanks for your response. It dawned on me this morning that would be the case - if the driver is removed, it won't load anything. However, I was just not sure if NTLite was removing the services if the associated driver was removed. I'm not sure how exactly windows works, but I'd hate to be causing boot issues if Windows is trying to load things that aren't available. Then again, if it's not needed, why would it try?!
Thanks again!

Back