Feature Request

SHO_GuN

Primary: Ability to select a "Finished" sound. I often wander away from my computer while NTLite is running. It would be great to have an audible alert to get my attention when it finishes.

Secondary: A timer in the bottom info line showing how long the current process has been running. I have had several stalls since I started using NTLite. I know how long my processing takes, so if I glanced at the timer and is was passed my usual processing time I would know I may as well stop it and start over.

Thanks for your consideration.

Timer, possibly.
Alarm sound, yeah. Let users choose their own sounds, 44.1khz 16bit wav, nuhi wont have to hunt for or worry about royalty free sounds.

Thanks SHO_GuN, good ideas.
Would it work for you if it triggers a Windows notification sound, do you use those in Control Panel - Sound - Sounds?

nuhi, what if users remove or mute system sounds?
My guess is that people who want a sound notification use those.
I find it unnecessary to implement notification playback and file handling in each app, when there is a centralized Windows feature for it.
Now, which event exactly, that's up for interpretation. Something that's not too spammy by Windows itself.

Yeah, you dont want to add a sound playing feature if you can piggy back windows sounds. Just a thought. :)
Most of windows sounds couldnt wake a baby, i prefer summat that will wake the dead like the 1812 Overture, hahaha.
Mind you, i did fall asleep right next to a loudspeaker at a nightclub once :oops:

Last edited:
Would it work for you if it triggers a Windows notification sound, do you use those in Control Panel - Sound - Sounds?

I'm not picky - you assign a windows sound or let me browse to my own sound - either would be fine!

Back