First-time user installing Office365 in Post-Setup

khass

I am trying to create an windows10 ISO where Office365 is installed. I realized that I needed to have a version of a silent install of the program so I decided to follow the instructions given in this forum.

Link: https://www.ntlite.com/community/index.php?threads/office365-package-and-silent-install.2189/

at the moment I have reached the end but I am confused as to what EXE file I should put in or whether or not I have done the steps correct.
chrome_JY61GabEea.png
this is the part where I have reached but I dont see the microsoft.exe file needed to put in the post-setup for NTLite. the setup.exe file is what I assume i have to work with but then it asks me for parameters. also under my Office365_Deploy folder there is only a data folder that leads to nothing. If any one has faced a similar issue or possible suggestions it would be much appreciated.

The SFX method is not specific to NTLite, and tries to solve two problems:
- Packaging a software distribution (setup.exe, config XML, and Data folder)​
- Running setup with a command line option​

SFX will work on any Windows system from where you run the SFX file. From Post-Setup, you add the file as a single command (no parameters because it's self-contained).

The one problem is if you want to see the Office progress bar (Display Level="Full"), then you're stuck with clicking OK to exit the installer. If you are not there to click the OK button, then it never exits and blocks the next Post-Setup command in order.

Example configuration.xml:
Code:
<Configuration>
  <Add OfficeClientEdition="64">
    <Product ID="ProPlus2021Retail">
      <Language ID="en-us" />
      <ExcludeApp ID="Access" />
      <ExcludeApp ID="Lync" />
      <ExcludeApp ID="Publisher" />
    </Product>
  </Add>
  <Updates Enabled="TRUE" />
  <Display Level="Full" AcceptEULA="TRUE" />
  <Property Name="AUTOACTIVATE" Value="0" />
</Configuration>

You have two options:
1. Run SFX in Post-Setup (Machine). Display Level="None" because in Machine mode you cannot give keyboard/mouse input. Therefore the OK button is blocked, and Office installer never quits. You must always use this option in Machine.

2. Run SFX in Post-Setup (User). Display Level="Full" is allowed because you're logged in on the desktop. You can click OK to dismiss.

I guess I need more clarification. If I only put the setup.exe in the Post-setup(machine) I cant have keyboard/mouse input, but If using it on the Post-setup(user) the prompts will appear. However, wouldn't I still need a parameter for the setup.exe in the Post-setup(user)?

SFX is self-extracting and runs its own command. Therefore it needs NO parameters from NTLite.
Display Level is part of the config XML you're packaging inside the SFX. Edit it before using WinRAR to create the SFX.

Back