Foul Icon appears & EDGE an't be removed from Win ISO v1903 aka 19H1

SM03

I've noticed some issues while making a customised Windows ISO & 'd like to share here for opinion

1. foul Icon appears
I got those two empty unknown ICON type things (marked into the screenshot) in every Win ISO that I made through NTlite, since the last couple of versions of both, Windows & NTLite, don't know what are those & why.

last tried in Win v1903 MVS/MSDN ISO with latest NTLite v1.8.0.6912

2. EDGE can't be removed anymore
In earlier Windows version till v1809, I used to & can remove the Microsoft EDGE from the free version of NTLite located under NTLite settings Component/Windows Apps/System Apps/EDGE. But since Windows v1903, that option is locked & I can't remove it, I don't have the paid version of NTLite & use the free version of it so IDK whether that'd do the job or not, whether that converted into a paid feature or not. As far as I know, paid features are highlighted as a Blue colour indication in the free version of NTLite but her in this case, it's not even showing any colour code as you can see in the screenshot so am confused. Moreover, in the extra info section, it's showing 'locked by: Microsoft edge' & I tried to find that too but didn't found any so asking here.

I am tagging nuhi Kasual & Clanger as I mostly know you guys here, pls take a look.
Thanks

Attachments

• EDGE cant be removed anymore.png
    EDGE cant be removed anymore.png
    158 KB
- Regarding the icons, do you do any kind of editing other than the tool?
If not, please attach the preset demonstrating that issue.
Those could be the hidden desktop.ini files with a wrong icon, or some apps whose shortcuts were not removed.

- Regarding the Edge, it states on the right "Locked by compatibility: Microsoft Edge", you can disable that lock in the toolbar - Compatibility.

- Regarding the icons, do you do any kind of editing other than the tool?
If not, please attach the preset demonstrating that issue.
Those could be the hidden desktop.ini files with a wrong icon, or some apps whose shortcuts were not removed.

- Regarding the Edge, it states on the right "Locked by compatibility: Microsoft Edge", you can disable that lock in the toolbar - Compatibility.
nuhi thanks for the reply. I am going to make another ISO by disabling the EDGE compatibility as you've suggested earlier & will revert here about the result whether I will be seeing those two foul icons anymore & EDGE is removed or not & if it failed in any case, I will share my preset with you for further investigation.

Regarding your 1st reply, yes I made many editing/changes but don't understand what do you mean by 'other than the tool' what / which tool you're referring here?

Also, today, while I was adding a regfile, got this error, which is unknown for me, never seen before or happened, can you clarify this

nuhi
In my latest test, the two foul ICON issue seems to be solved as I didn't get those in my latest Win10 ISO clean installation made via NTLite latest BETA version, but am not able to add the language file as mentioned here earlier as well as a reg file. I am DMing you my latest NTLite log & preset file, requesting you to kindly check those & revert.

Thanks.

Back