Grey Components/Programs etc.

King Dennis

Hi,

i just wanted to ask something cause im a little bit confused.

in NTLite, it says, die BLUE marked Components etc can only be removed in the paid version of NTLite.

But some Components are marked GREY and i can not remove them. Stuff like Keyboard Layouts and a lot of other things that i really dont need and thats a bit frustrating.

Any ideas why?

Greetz, Dennis

Some components are greyed out because are protected for compatibility, in the toolbar you can acces to disable Compatibility and after that, uncheck components. And sometimes those components don't get blue colored because sometimes subyacent components are colored only, if you can't remove subyacent components, thus neither main components can be unchecked/removed.

Guys, please help me uncheck greyed out stuff, which is even marked as blue; I do have a PRO licence and even I cant uncheck stuff like "Components -> Network -> Exchange ActiveSync" and I have looked everywhere in the toolbar as suggested but i cannot simply see the option to even remove those ;/

This is kinda of an old thread to be resurrecting...

Greyed out components are protected by Compatibility mode to prevent accidental removals of key features, which have feature dependencies. Look under the "Extra info" column on the right, Exchange ActiveSync is protected by MS Office compatibility.

Click on the Compatibility icon (top left of the toolbar), and uncheck Office. Now you're free to remove EAS.

EAS is the default sync protocol for most MS-provided mail apps, and some 3rd-party apps may support it.

This is kinda of an old thread to be resurrecting...

Greyed out components are protected by Compatibility mode to prevent accidental removals of key features, which have feature dependencies. Look under the "Extra info" column on the right, Exchange ActiveSync is protected by MS Office compatibility.

Click on the Compatibility icon (top left of the toolbar), and uncheck Office. Now you're free to remove EAS.

EAS is the default sync protocol for most MS-provided mail apps, and some 3rd-party apps may support it.
you saved me bro, really thanks so much!

Back