Has anyone noticed Hyper-V hidden devices being installed on Windows 10 20H2?

Tannah

Was looking at an fresh install of a Ntlite edited windows 10 20H2 Pro, looked into device manager enabling show hidden devices.
And lo and behold there was a Ton of Hyper-V devices installed? I then looked at CPU and along side my 8 Core AMD CPU it was showing a Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2673 V4 @ 2.30GHZ, floppy disk controllers and more? These devices had never ever been installed or hooked up to this machine.
Wondering why this was happening I installed a older image of a Ntlite edited windows 2004 pro, no Hyper-V devices or Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2673 V4 cpu in the hidden device manager?
So thinking I did something wrong with NTlite, I did a clean install of a raw image of Windows 10 20H2 Pro image on the computer. When I looked under hidden devices again I saw Hyper V devices, the Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2673 V4, and the floppy disk controllers.
Anyone seen or heard of this before?

-Edited for clarity

Last edited:
Was looking at an install of windows 10 20H2 Pro, I looked in device manager enabled show hidden devices.
And lo and behold there was a Ton of Hyper-V devices installed? I then looked at CPU and along side my 8 AMD CPU cores it was showing a Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2673 V4 @ 2.30GHZ.
Wondering why I install a older image of windows 2004 pro, no Hyper-V devices or Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2673 V4 cpu in the hidden device manager?
So thinking I did something wrong with NTlite, I installed a raw Windows 10 20H2 Pro image on the computer. When I looked under hidden devices again I saw Hyper V devices and the Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2673 V4.
Anyone seen or heard of this before?
Hi, yes the same thing happened to me. But i went back to windows v2004 because of this issue, thanks to my ocd problem lol. So you are saying, first you updated to 20h2 from windows update and then you did a clean install from an image, and in both ocasions it showed intel stuff in hidden devices?? I also have an 8 core ryzen 2700x cpu.

Hello, No my install process was a fresh install of an Ntlite edited version of Windows 10 20H2, Then a fresh install of a Ntlite edited 2004 Windows 10, Then a Clean iso of Windows 10 20H2 downloaded directly from Microsoft, fresh install. No inplace upgrades or downgrades.

I edited the first post for clarity.

I looked at that thread on tenforums.com "Ghost Devices in 20H2 Device Manager". Unfortunately that one person was poisoning the well, with useless information seems to have stopped the discussion.

The final 20H2 ESD/ISO is created after doing audit install / sysprep, due the new MS Edge Chromium
it's not very clean

The final 20H2 ESD/ISO is created after doing audit install / sysprep, due the new MS Edge Chromium
it's not very clean
Yea your right, 20H2 is a bit of mine field right now, ridiculously slow shut down, random Conexant stuff installed in audio. The hidden device drivers in device manager, and probably more.

If you ever pondered if you were beta testing windows, this is it. I would not recommend people upgrade the critical systems to 20H2 at this point.

I'm hoping with patch tuesday they clean up allot of this mess.

Back