Having trouble getting auto partitioning to work properly + W10 IoT Ent LTSC 21H2 not given as install option

XYZ

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but, I've loaded the ISO for Win 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 21H2 (containing both Win 10 Ent LTSC WIM and Win 10 IoT Ent LTSC WIM), and initially am just trying to get the Unattended Disk partitioning bit working in VirtualBox VM. Here's what I've done...

- Loaded ISO + IoT WIM in NTLite
- In Unattended, I used default NTLite partitioning Disk config, but changed system partition size to 20000
- Under Apply, I had following option's set: "Save the image" and would've selected/checked "Reapply tasks across editions > Automate - Unattended" for Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC, but it wouldn't let me do that as it was disabled.
- Enabled Create ISO
- Clicked Process to create new ISO

In VirtualBox,
- I created a new VM with 25 GB disk (not pre-allocated) with rest as default settings + also attached newly created ISO.
- Booted it up, and got a prompt, with only Win 10 Ent LTSC as option - ie. No IoT version.
- When I selected Win 10 Ent LTSC option, it errored out with error: "Windows could not create a partition on disk 0. The error occurred applying the unattended answee file's <DiskConfiguration> setting. Error code: 0x80004005"

When I created another ISO (same Unattended setting's), this time after Loading Win 10 Ent LTSC WIM, NTLite still wouldn't let me "Reapply tasks across editions > Automate - Unattended" for Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC, but it wouldn't let me do that as it was also disabled.

Now, in VirtualBox,
- I created a new VM with 25GB disk and default setting's + new ISO
- Booted it up and didn't get a prompt and it installed fine - No error.

So, my question's are:

- Does NTLite support Win 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC WIM ?
- If not, why does NTLite allow me to load it, rather than erroring out ?

- If yes, why does the first IoT ISO...
- Not allow me to re-apply task's to Win 10 Ent LTSC WIM ?
- Give me a prompt during install in VM, which doesn't include IoT as an option ?
- Error out due to disk config ?

- Why does it not allow me to Reapply Unattended tasks to the other WIM's (all other tasks can be reapplied EXCEPT Unattended, which is disabled) ?

- Why does 2nd Ent LTSC ISO work fine + doesn't give me an option for which edition during install ?

1. Unattended settings are normally global to all install images. Since you have multiple images, check "Prompt edition selection".
NTLite supports the different Enterprise editions.

2. For disk layout, I would click on the double-arrows and expand System partition to Maximum (Extended). This auto-sizes the layout to the system drive's full capacity. Better than performing math every time.

3. "Windows could not create a partition on disk 0. The error occurred applying the unattended answer file's <DiskConfiguration> setting. Error code: 0x80004005" is typical for a mismatched GPT vs MBR boot mode. Make sure you match what's expected.

- In Unattended, I used default NTLite partitioning Disk config, but changed system partition size to 20000
Only 20GB? Did you try installing Windows to that partition manually without Unattended first?

- Under Apply, I had following option's set: "Save the image" and would've selected/checked "Reapply tasks across editions > Automate - Unattended" for Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC, but it wouldn't let me do that as it was disabled.
Unattended options are global, thus no need to propagate.

- I created a new VM with 25 GB disk (not pre-allocated) with rest as default settings + also attached newly created ISO.
- Booted it up, and got a prompt, with only Win 10 Ent LTSC as option - ie. No IoT version.
Is it different with NTLite, which editions does it show for that image after processing on the Image page?

- When I selected Win 10 Ent LTSC option, it errored out with error: "Windows could not create a partition on disk 0. The error occurred applying the unattended answee file's <DiskConfiguration> setting. Error code: 0x80004005"
Size + what garlin stated.

Now, in VirtualBox,
- I created a new VM with 25GB disk and default setting's + new ISO
- Booted it up and didn't get a prompt and it installed fine - No error.

So, my question's are:

- Does NTLite support Win 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC WIM ?
Not aware of any issues, you could upload it for my testing somewhere private.

Back