Help a fella

Lildidi

nuhi Greetings friend, I'm gonna create a new image so I got some questions cooked up ya!

1- First thing first, I'll renew my license. I have the license file and license number (x-x-x-x) but I don't have access to the email address attached to that license. Are they gonna send the new license to that old address? Or is it good enough just to provide old license number with a new email address?

2- You've said this on another post:
I am interested in locking down my system as much as possible (...)
Which made me happy because that's the spirit I like!
Which windows ISO/Edition you like to use as your main/most secure but still highly functional OS?
I have been using trimmed down Enterprise LTSC 1809 variations for a long time. Since you have less to remove with LTSC and have more control in gpedit with Enterprise version.
Is there any good reason to consider making a new shiny image with 21H1 or 21H2?
Note: For some reason, I couldn't find the enterprise edition in the ISO's I downloaded for 21H's. Do you know where to get it?

3- Here are the latest updates for LTSC 1809. Some of them (zip file ones) can't even be integrated to the image I believe. Which ones would you integrate on your own ISO, if you would leave out the unnecessary/harmful ones?
For example, 3714-Dynamic Update doesn't look good to me, since I do my updates manually, so it sounds like windows update shenanigans to me.

Untitled.jpg

4- Have you used Wireguard protocol for VPN? If you know ins and outs of it, please do tell what an OS needs as bare minimum to use that protocol.
I think it doesn't work without DNSCache. I'd want to get rid of it if possible, but Wireguard is indispensably great.

5- Do you have an up-to-date xml file (only component removals would be enough) you use for LTSC, 21H1 or 21H2 (or your preferred edition)? It would be nice to see your idea of "locking down windows as much as possible."

6- (IMPORTANT) It gives us a peace of mind to use your software to get rid of usually harmful and totally unnecessary OS parts, but unfortunately there's more to worry about than just the OS.
I'm talking about Intel Management Engine, which is way deeper than the OS, having the control over your OS in every way. Basically it's a computer within your computer which happens to be the master of it (making your computer a slave).
It is currently the hardest thing to get rid of.
Have you looked into neutralizing/disabling or removing it? Since you have this natural tendency and this great ability to go deep within systems and tweak them without breaking them, you're the perfect fit for it. That is, if you're looking for a new challenge.
Your customers and generally people who are privacy/security sensitive worldwide would be absolutely grateful if you could come up with working solutions to that problem.

Adios, amigos!

Last edited:
For 2) NOTE: You can find the Enterprise versions from uupdump by add additional editions before create download package.

For 6) Not sure your Intel MOBO will work without Intel Management Engine. Seems Intel don't provide any info how to disable it, if even possible?
It's worth mentioning that you can add officiel minimized drivers from here

Back