Hibernation removal /Auditmode - Solved

francis11

Wondering if it's a Windows thing!?!
But the template for disabling the hibernation file in Post-Setup dosn't work when boot into Audit mode (aka Sysprep).
After i boot my NTLited image into audit mode for sysprep the hibernation file is still there and i've to remove it manually (aka cmd: powercfg.exe -h off) before it go away.
Is this normal or is it a Windows thing by design? (It works when boot into normal).
Thanks.

Booting into sysprep before Post-Setup, means post-setup commands haven't run.
You'd need the reg key integrated, or add 'powercfg -h off' in unattend's auditSystem pass (too complicated).

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power]
"HibernateEnabledDefault"=dword:00000000

Your path is specialize -> auditSystem -> oobeSystem. generalize is when you start sysprep from an existing system.

dep-win8-l-configpassesandexes.jpg

PS - Some experts get tricky and reboot into sysprep as their final Post-Setup command, to allow capture of 3rd-party installs.
Windows allows unattended commands in auditSystem, but NTLite has no feature for editing the XML :confused:

I stick with your first advice about the reggie - but to tired now after a day with NTL tries to fit my purpose with wrongs and rights.
I always sysprep on a diff drive - so no props there.
But still thank you and may i ask what the app (program) you use to show those fine diagrams as i seen you use them before in other posts.

Booting into sysprep before Post-Setup, means post-setup commands haven't run.
You'd need the reg key integrated, or add 'powercfg -h off' in unattend's auditSystem pass (too complicated).

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power]
"HibernateEnabledDefault"=dword:00000000
It seems that CurrentControlSet dosn't exist in an offline image (22000.493), but get created(copied) after intall from ControlSet001 - and the command
"HibernateEnabledDefault"=dword:00000000 is changing back to
"HibernateEnabledDefault"=dword:00000001

After comparing the reg from the normal cmd: powercfg.exe -h off - it adds the line:
"HibernateEnabled"=dword:00000000 in CurrentControlSet as on a online install.

So for the trick to work simply add this reg to NTL:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Power]
"HibernateEnabled"=dword:00000000

Thanks.

Back