Hidden wallpapers

clarensio

A curiosity (which I knew but can't find in my notes...):

the Home versions (Win 11 23h2) certainly, upon first access and until registration, display the wallpaper/desktop not using the images in c:\Windows\Web\..., but the one in a "hidden" path/folder that I can not find.

Does anyone remember her?

MS wallpapers are bloody awful anyway. Only wallpaper i use(despite having a fair size stache of 3rd party wallpapers) is the Prairie Wind bitmap from XP either tiled or tiled and saved in various screen resolutions i have(goes into every install i do).

Last edited:
Precisely for this reason but with the Home versions and up to S/N it is irreplaceable (despite GPO) also because it is in a different folder...

With all other versions no problem regardless of the S/N...

Speaking of "backgrounds"...
For the sole purpose of study (I know well the copyright inserted by MS...) I discovered every point present in boot.wim --> setup in order to customize (if possible and without any intention of "changing things") each screen/background displayed during the Windows installation process (11 23H2 specifically).

It's a shame we can't talk about it even if we talk about it, clearly reiterating that this CANNOT BE DONE - Copyright, it just clarifies things...

While it would be nice to harmonise all your backgrounds in an iso it doesnt nothing for a finished running windows, Prairie Wind wallpaper and a disabled lock screen is enough.

Back