Host refresh

Trixer

Hi
What exactly is it that this function does, i cant see after using it a couple of times that it refreshes everything. Certain things gets reinstalled but some dont when using it without a preset. Example, app gets installed but Windows reset function that i wanted back did not. Is it mainly for the file system or what? When it comes to getting apps and functions back it seems to work very randomly. So, a deepened explanation please.

Hi,

explained here and here, it basically does the in-place upgrade of Windows, then it depends what was done with an ISO what it will end up with.

Hi,

explained here and here, it basically does the in-place upgrade of Windows, then it depends what was done with an ISO what it will end up with.

Yeah, i have read that. But it does not explain why certain features reinstalls and some dont on a untampered ISO. Edge and Apps gets back but not Reset and Media player. Just to mention a few. I have tested a couple of times to do an upgrade with Windows ISO alone, same result. So the result is; if one wants certain features back, reinstall.

What is the ctrl - metod mentioned in one of the articles regarding adding presets?

Hm, it might be the reset function is just a remnant of the removal setting which hides the option.
Will send instructions over PM how to restore it.
Host refresh is not mainly about returning components, but to refresh the OS and fix any issues, and to use the latest tool and ISO to do so.
Using the identical preset.
Some removals have accompanying registry entries to disable the functionality, and that is migrated with Host Refresh.
I might need to add some kind of reset option to remove any such keys.

For media player, try enabling it in Features (start run optionalfeatures.exe), if it's already enabled, then disable it, reboot and reenable.

Ctrl+select multiple presets and load them all as one. Helpful in combining multiple sessions into one, otherwise when loading a preset it clears current data. You can also now choose from the UI on a preset load - append, while load - overwrite is the default.

Last edited:
Hm, it might be the reset function is just a remnant of the removal setting which hides the option.
Will send instructions over PM how to restore it.
Host refresh is not mainly about returning components, but to refresh the OS and fix any issues, and to use the latest tool and ISO to do so.
Using the identical preset.
Some removals have accompanying registry entries to disable the functionality, and that is migrated with Host Refresh.
I might need to add some kind of reset option to remove any such keys.

For media player, try enabling it in Features (start run optionalfeatures.exe), if it's already enabled, then disable it, reboot and reenable.

Ctrl+select multiple presets and load them all as one. Helpful in combining multiple sessions into one, otherwise when loading a preset it clears current data. You can also now choose from the UI on a preset load - append, while load - overwrite is the default.

Ok.

I understand the functionality of the ctrl-metod but not how to do, apply it. I was not clear in my question about it, sorry.

If it works as it should then a explicit consolidation feature is not needed. But would nevertheless be convenient. Anyway, more, deepened info about the function on the forum/homesite would be appropriate i think since it is a feature that simplifies the use of the program, a LOT. Especially for newbies

Back