How are registry tweaks integrated?

ae0n0w

When I put them into the Registry section in NTLite and save changes to image, where do they go in Windows? I've compared a stock ISO and one with a random registry key in HKLM integrated but I don't know where it actually saves.

Depending on the reg file they will be adopted in the correct reg sections.
You can put all you reggies into a folder and import that.

Attachments

• Skærmbillede (1).png
    Skærmbillede (1).png
    80.9 KB
Sorry, I don't think I was very clear in my original question. I meant where do they go in the Windows image once they are integrated, do they move into the install.wim somewhere or a different file/place?

ae0n0w if you add a registry file to the Registry page NTLite will mount that part of the registry in the image, apply the the file then unmount the registry, the changes will be applied on the Apply page when you click Process.

if you add regggies to the Post Setup page then NTLite will create a setupcomplete.cmd file that tells setup to apply the registry files as stated in the file. thoe reggies can be found in $OEM$\$$\Setup\Files.

Regfiles is normally hidden in Windows (and mounted install.wim in NTLITE) except you open regedit where you can compare the integrated regs after install.

i am still trying to fathom out exactly where hkcu for all new users is, ive had it explained to me but i still cant work it out :rolleyes:

Think they go into HKEY_USERS (as well?) - some of the many regs i apply seems to work on new user too even they are for Current User and Local Machine :oops:

there are 6 sub groups in hku, do they gointo all of them? ive got some system tweaks that are hklm and hkcu :mad:
if you see flying pigs then you'll know i worked it out :D

Can't say as i never try figured out - but know that some HKLM is not accepted by Windows unless you have Trusted installer rights on registry.
The only pigs i see flying is from PF concerts ;)

ahh yes, PF, flying pigs over battersea power station dont count :D.
Power Run for "elevated" work :cool: or just logon into the TI user account, that was a lucky find.

i dont know George, ive bookmarked a few web pages that look good, i'll figure it out.
I'm sure you are looking for it. Example how to disable EOS notify message for all users in Windows 7
Code:
REM Disable EOS warning
reg load HKLM\TempDefault "%IMAGE%\Users\Default\ntuser.dat" >nul
reg add "HKLM\TempDefault\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\EOSNotify" /v "DontRemindMe" /t REG_DWORD /d "00000001" /f >nul
reg add "HKLM\TempDefault\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\EOSNotify" /v "LastRunTimestamp" /t REG_DWORD /d "00000000" /f >nul
reg add "HKLM\TempDefault\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\EOSNotify" /v "TimestampOverride" /t REG_DWORD /d "00000000" /f >nul
reg add "HKLM\TempDefault\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\EOSNotify" /v "Discontinue" /t REG_DWORD /d "00000001" /f >nul
reg add "HKLM\TempDefault\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\EOSNotify" /v "DiscontinueEOS" /t REG_DWORD /d "00000001" /f >nul
reg unload HKLM\TempDefault >nul

i use abbodi86's quick and easy suggestion, disable the scheduled tasks in setupcomplete, eosnotify is quiet as a mouse :), i dont even bother taking it out.

Sorry, I don't think I was very clear in my original question. I meant where do they go in the Windows image once they are integrated, do they move into the install.wim somewhere or a different file/place?
Clanger gave a good reply.

To add to that, you can explore the registry hives on the same Integrate - Registry page, on the right, they support the Edit command.

As for file locations of those hives, Google is your friend, no secrets there.

there are 6 sub groups in hku, do they gointo all of them? ive got some system tweaks that are hklm and hkcu :mad:
if you see flying pigs then you'll know i worked it out :D
HKCU are added to the default user hive (not system user) and then any user created will have those changes.
When applying live (C:\Windows), any HKCU change it goes through all users and applies.

Back