How can I view the available parameters for an EXE in NTLite?

NTLite has no clue on what any given .EXE's supported command line options are. That's your job to Google it.
The only thing it can determine are for MSI installers, since they follow a specific pattern.

Keeping a database would be a support nightmare, as someone might be installing an old version of an app which has changed options.
For example, VC++ 2010 is "/passive" and every later version is "/install /passive".

If you rename the file, there's no way to match the original app against a database.

NTLite has no clue on what any given .EXE's supported command line options are. That's your job to Google it.
The only thing it can determine are for MSI installers, since they follow a specific pattern.

Keeping a database would be a support nightmare, as someone might be installing an old version of an app which has changed options.
For example, VC++ 2010 is "/passive" and every later version is "/install /passive".

If you rename the file, there's no way to match the original app against a database.
Thanks.

How can I set a custom wallpaper to be used after deployment? (instead of the default Windows 10 background image / wallpaper)

What registry? You just copy files to mounted image folder.

The rest of the thread is telling people why they shouldn't blindly use takeown/icacls to override TrustedInstaller permissions. If they followed advice to use a 3rd-party app like PowerRun or NSudo to get TrustedInstaller rights, then you can edit files directly.

The rest of the thread is telling people why they shouldn't blindly use takeown/icacls to override TrustedInstaller permissions.
Cos it can screw up a system. I dont even use a Take Ownership tweak anymore. see below.

If they followed advice to use a 3rd-party app like PowerRun or NSudo to get TrustedInstaller rights, then you can edit files directly.
Run "Elevated" only when you need to, much safer.

Just to add as a sidenote, EXE installers usually have /? switch support to display their options.
The switch is built-into the Post-setup page toolbar, press Parameter info after selecting an installer.
It's no guarantee, as it's not a real standard, so as mentioned, quick search of an installer title plus the word "silent install" yields results in almost all cases.

Back