How to hide the "Check for updates" message

seezoo

I have disabled updates so I don't need the "Check for updates" message.
Is there a way to hide the "Check for updates" message?
sshot-9.jpg

System Settings does not have any settings to hide this notification. I don't believe any of the ViveTools feature controls will remove it.

That's right. I don't think it's possible with the usual methods.
I tried the following method, but it didn't work.
[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"SettingsPageVisibility"="hide:*****

Are there any other ways to delete it, such as by editing system resources?

SettingsPageVisibility can only hide a specific section inside Settings, it has no effect on the Home page's banners.

I believe it's the same issue, any way to block these update checks??
Many of them are the ones I removed.

Attachments

• opcional.jpg
    opcional.jpg
    58.4 KB
Since it doesn't seem like I can delete it using "SettingsPageVisibility", I tried to search for system resources, but I couldn't find the resource that was displaying it.

Since it doesn't seem like I can delete it using "SettingsPageVisibility", I tried to search for system resources, but I couldn't find the resource that was displaying it.
Anything displayed on top of the home page is a Banner. The banner can exist even if the Settings page is hidden from view.

Windows 10 x64 (Clone)-2023-11-21-22-26-19.png

The quickest way is to delete WU but... :) otherwise search and find the dll (or registry key) that does it

Settings.PNG

Last edited:
Wow!! Great!!

If I delete "Windows Update" from the ISO, the installation fails, so I delete some services with SetupComplete.cmd.

sc delete DoSvc
sc delete UsoSvc
sc delete WaaSMedicSvc
sc delete wuauserv

But the message above still appears.

Do you know the DLL file that is displayed?

You can delete the WU in the ISO but Service WU must be deleted in Live

I should check if I kept the dll (and/or registry key) to delete

Last edited:
You need to look in the Manifest files, the dlls and registry keys that are indicated, then test
It could be long

Already tested if by removing the WU service in the ISO, this "option" is still present (I never paid attention but I believe it is present) or remove WU in Live
This could give a clue

Maybe another quicker solution, but I can't remember

What I do, I list all the files of the ISO mounted with the NTLite option (or with this command "dir /s /b>c:\list.txt" in the directory where the ISO is mounted)
Then I delete the component and I relist all the files, and I compare the 2 lists to find out which files were deleted (and also know the Manifests files)

I made an ISO with “WU” removed for comparison, so I installed it.
Windows Update” is still displayed.
sshot-1.png
I removed “Windows Update” with “MSMG ToolKit”.
How did you remove “Windows Update”?

I tested with the 24h2, it seems that it is still present, I will see if it is possible to delete it like the 23h2

I was able to remove only the logo.
"C:\Windows\SystemApps\MicrosoftWindows.Client.Core_cw5n1h2txyewy\ValueBanner\Assets\Images\WindowsUpdate_Logo.svg"
sshot-1.png
sshot-2.png
But I don't know how to remove the "Windows Update" text.

I think I should edit "appxmanifest.xml", but what do you think?

Back