How to install Chrome and Open Office in Post-Setup

ReneTS

Hi

I have downloaded a package with ninite with google chrome and open office, and want to install it with NTLite for my ISO. I have loaded the package in the post setup menu, and used "/install /run" as parameter, but it is not installed. Is it a different switch I should use to install this package?

Hi

I have downloaded a package with ninite with google chrome and open office, and want to install it with NTLite for my ISO. I have loaded the package in the post setup menu, and used "/install /run" as parameter, but it is not installed. Is it a different switch I should use to install this package?

I hope you are using the MSI version of the installer, not the .exe version.

OpenOffice.msi,

OpenOffice Silent Install can be executed "/qn /norestart"
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Do...ndows#Unattended_.28Automatic.29_Installation

Chrome.msi,

"/passive" will show the installation but required no user interaction.

At the example Chrome: Do I have to download the file "chrome.msi" and add it via the ntlite command "add > file"?
Or can I enter a URL for the download of the *.msi?

Make sure you download Full offline installers, not web installer/bootstrappers and add the file and the correct silent switches.

Last edited:
If you can only get a web installer/bootstrapper then its crafty time. Some will download a whole bunch of files, some will download an executable. Get Process Explorer from Sysinternals(microsfot) and start it up. Run the web installer and let it download whatever it does. It will show everything thats running, look for a new setup/installer running but dont go through the install process because sometimes the stup files will be deleted. Click it, Properties, find location. If its a single file, copy it, you wont be able to move it, to a handy location like desktop. Cancel the installer and install from the copy. If it works then Hosanna, if it dont crap happens and swear at goggle(sic).

Thanks for the hints. I'm not experienced in those administrative tasks and I'm not interested in spending time for handcrafted installers.

If I cannot find an msi-installer, than I will give up the wish to get the app installed in the post setup.

May there's a web page with a list of downoad urls of msi installers of popular apps?

They are not self made installers, the are genuine its just that some devs like to hide the full package for whatever reasons although they say so its that you always get the latest one.

Hhhmm. I'm not sure if I understood every detail of your post, sorry.

Can you recommend a source for a working file of Google Chrome for a post setup installation?

Back