How to save install.wim

MChristian

Hi, I have Windows 11 ISO that have many useless editions, I upload the windows 11 extracted ISO folder and remove all the editions that I did not want by right clicking and select "Delete" and only left Home and Pro.
Now how do I save the install.wim? I don't see any options to save the image.

Second, is there any way to reduce the install.wim file size WITHOUT CONVERTING TO ESD?

Thanks

You can remove editions without mounting. after pressing "Delete" the edition is deleted from the install.wim file. no more actions needed. but when you use this method i think the edition folder is not deleted just unidentified? so the size stays same? i can't be sure. so i recommend the normal way mount the install.wim file to remove bunch of stuff or don't and remove edition at the last process page then click to process button to save the changes on it. (also check the button says don't backup etc etc etc) (this is also the answer to your second question) you can remove modern apps, sxs backup folders etc to reduce the size.... but removing edition this way will give you some space also i recommend you to convert to esd since windows11 is modern iso and modern computers have no problem with esd

Back