Input Text Suggestions Malfunctioned After Using Lite Template

weehongayden

Hi everyone,

I cannot see text suggestions on Windows 11 when using Chinese, Korean, or Japanese keyboards with the Lite template in the Component section.

The screenshot shows that I'm currently using Chinese input without text suggestion.
1710999254575.png

Under Localization > Language > Input Method Editor (IME), I selected all 3 language options.

The screenshot should demonstrate the location of the IME without selecting the Lite template.
1710998615631.png

It works but however, I need to turn on the Use previous version of Microsoft Pinyin in order to make the text suggestion word.
1710998645546.png

I would like to know if there's any component that I shouldn't uncheck in order to make the text suggestion work without doing too much tweaking after the Windows installation.

Solution
Thanks to garlin
Restoring the two components below to enable text suggestion.
Code:
<c>textprediction 'Text prediction'</c>
<c>microsoftwindows.client.cbs 'Windows Feature Experience Pack - Desktop'</c>

Last edited:
Hello garlin,

I tried restoring the Text Prediction, but it still doesn't work.

I attached my preset in this thread.

Attachments

• 1711014904473.png
    1711014904473.png
    202 KB
  • 1711018093575.png
    1711018093575.png
    1.8 MB
  • NTLite Preset Final.xml
    25 KB
...I tried restoring the Text Prediction, but it still doesn't work...
Some of the following may need to be restored as well for full functionality. In the XML there are related group policy tweaks:
<Tweak name="InputPersonalization\RestrictImplicitTextCollection">1</Tweak>
<Tweak name="InputPersonalization\RestrictImplicitInkCollection">1</Tweak>

Here's (link1) information on the above tweaks. I don't see this one (link2) in the XML, but check the registry on your live install for it too. I realize these may be unrelated, since they say "tablet" and "handwriting" but many things in Windows are linked together nowadays, so we sometimes have to look at other items of the same nature to find the culprit.

Check that the tweaks below are enabled too. You won't need them all, I just included everything that was relevant to the topic I could think of for now. Also, note that these were pulled from my guides and I disable these things, so this is what they look like when turned off.
; Start > Settings > Devices > Typing > Autocorrect misspelled words > Off
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TabletTip\1.7]
"EnableAutocorrection"=dword:00000000

; Start > Settings > Devices > Typing > Highlight misspelled words > Off
"EnableSpellchecking"=dword:00000000

; Start > Settings > Devices > Typing > Show text suggestions as I type on the software keyboard > Off
"EnableTextPrediction"=dword:00000000

; Start > Settings > Devices > Typing > Add a space after I choose a text suggestion > Off
"EnablePredictionSpaceInsertion"=dword:00000000

; Start > Settings > Devices > Typing > Add a period after I double-tap the Spacebar > Off
"EnableDoubleTapSpace"=dword:00000000

; Start > Settings > Devices > Typing > Typing insights > Off
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Input\Settings]
"InsightsEnabled"=dword:00000000

Last edited:
Client.CBS includes some Text Input features, which I don't really understand, but I know they exist.

How do I know everything? My memory is very good and I learn by studying other user's stories. It helps me make better guesses.

Yes, with Host Refresh (which is basically a repair reinstall). Search for previous threads on using it.

Back