Integrating language packs into Windows 10 Pro 1809 with error

renamed all 1809 language pack names shorter
double checked tool settings all folder directory names and shortness and as close to c drive
make sure antivirus off while using ntlite
unpack fresh windows pro x64 1809 iso to folder

will update here after another try with ntlite

seems to be working better now. can see percent rising more than first try did at 5%
81% and rising...

Attachments

• language packs to add in ntlite.jpg
    language packs to add in ntlite.jpg
    619.3 KB
Last edited:
I checked the log, the file name/paths isnt long. I think the problem is that on 1809 ms has changed things and language packs are now AppX packs only availible from the Store and the cab file method has been discontinued.

its working now.. nearly finished 37 LP's

37 LP's is not really many.. lol
on my last win 10 1803 multi iso i added 109 LP's

1803 multi 110 iso worked ok..
1809 multi 38 iso should work ok aswell.. i always test in vm after..

Attachments

• ntlite 1809 x64 language packs.jpg
    ntlite 1809 x64 language packs.jpg
    349.5 KB
Last edited:
LiL-FeLLa, thanks for the feedback.
So the issue was probably an antivirus scanning in the background?
Integrating so many language packs is definitely heavy on the Windows package infrastructure, and file handling in general.

Do you maybe have lang pack CABs direct official MS links, or just the ISO.ru with all of them in it?

i think mostly that helped was making sure
renamed all 1809 language pack names much shorter
double checked tool settings all folder directory names and paths as close to c drive as possible

can remember disabling antivirus on both attempts

i got from the ISO.ru with all of them in it .. just extracted what i needed to use
the ISO.ru with all of language packs is about 5.6 GB

the final iso i made works great in virtual machine. and works ok as a normal installation.
38 language iso image can choose what language to install from start of installation
its quite surprisingly fast once installed..
my final iso win 10 pro x64 1809 multi 38 language = 5.5 GB

Last edited:
Yeah it's important to have enough free space on the Temp and Scratch dirs.

Cool, remember you can compress with ESD on the Source page (or Apply Image Tasks next time to do all at once), right-click the WIM and choose Convert - ESD.
That will take a while, but it should remove 1-2GB in size, if not done already - but to edit the image further it will need to be converted back to WIM.
If your machine is questionably overclocked or not stable, then avoid converting to ESD.

Also remember to backup your integrated WIM first, to not waste time reintegrating language packs.
What I would do is integrate only languages, nothing else, not even update cleanup.
Then backup the WIM as the new base.
Only then copy it for editing, load your preset, and integrate latest cumulative whenever needed.

yeah i normally keep a wim iso version and use just as a base template..
each audit mode project i use with this i clean up after wim capture and compress to esd then make a final iso

BTW, Windows 10 DISM support adding CBS packages packaged as ESD files since version 1709
e.g. LangPacks from UUP source

but it may not work correctly if Host OS is not Windows 10

but it may not work correctly if Host OS is not Windows 10

You can shrink w10 from a w7 host but you cannot update a w10 image(dism differences?), i havnt used an 8.1 host to work on w10 yet.
If i work on a w10 image then i always do it from a w10 host.

Bearing in mind 1809 is new there are bound to be initial 1809 bugs and and teething issues in NTLite.

Does anyone know where these language packs are supposed to be available for download officially? I can't find them from MS Volume Licensing Center either, and all the other unofficial links look a bit shady and/or I cant even understand how am I supposed to extract them from the files linked in this thread. Which is pretty much the only otherwise working link I have found for 1809 Language Packs.

Does anyone know where these language packs are supposed to be available for download officially? I can't find them from MS Volume Licensing Center either, and all the other unofficial links look a bit shady and/or I cant even understand how am I supposed to extract them from the files linked in this thread. Which is pretty much the only otherwise working link I have found for 1809 Language Packs.
I haven't found language pack(.cab) files for newly(November) released 1809 edition too. Can someone please share. Thank you.

Back